Chapter 16: Unlikely Theories & Solutions

Freddy watched helplessly as Kenda's knife stabbed through Sidney's chest and out her back. They both screamed out in pain. He turned to her and she looked to him with scared eyes. They both cried out again as she pulled the knife out.

"Sid you have to kill her." He pleaded. She looked down at herself as she bled out and to Freddy then to Kenda who stood above her with a look of triumph.

"She doesn't have the strength to do that." Kenda laughed at them. Sidney unfortunately knew that he was right. If she didn't stop her they'd both die and it made her remember what he had told her after she attempted to kill herself 'You haven't even lived your life yet and you're ready to end it?'

Kenda readied her knife again about to stab Sidney in the stomach when she vanished and appeared behind her wielding Freddy's glove stabbing her in the back with it making her screech in pain. Pulling the blades out of her back she stabbed them into her again and let her fall to the floor.

"Wake up and destroy that fucking dream catcher." Freddy demanded holding his side. She was surprised when she sat up in bed in pain and searched her room in the dark finding the dream catcher sitting on her nightstand and ripped the weaved design out of its center crushing it in her hand. Looking around she noticed that Kenda wasn't in her room with her. Without a second thought she let herself fall back onto her bed and returned to his world as soon as she closed her eyes. Freddy's arms wrapped around her from behind pulling her down onto the bed with him and into his lap as he healed her.

"I told you she would become a problem." She said leaning into him.

"Shut up." He groaned. "We need to get you and your room cleaned up and get rid of any evidence of that bitches dream catchers or anything related to it. We're fucked if they ever find out that it worked."

"I know. I'm still surprised it worked... Kenda was my friend and she turned on me the instant she realized we were linked..." Sidney said in disbelief as she finished healing.

"And you didn't believe me that they would turn on you. Face it I'm the only one you can trust now." He said turning her around to face him.

"Who'd have thought it would come to this. The only person I can trust is you even though we both know that if it wasn't for the link we'd be trying to kill each other." She shook her head and he pulled her closer tightening his grip on her as he rested his forehead on hers causing his fedora to tip up as it met with the top of her head. Sidney froze as he stared into her fighting himself to keep from wanting to attack her and be inside her once again. The link was making it extremely difficult to control himself around her.

"Wake up." He warned her making her eyes go wide as she understood what he meant. Doing his best to will her awake they both woke together in the waking world.

Thank you... I couldn't...

It's ok. Let's just clean up this mess. She thought cutting him off knowing very well what he was going to say. They were both silent as she stripped her bed and put fresh sheets on. After throwing her bloodied sheets into the washer they checked to make sure no one was around and as quietly as possible snuck into Kenda's room. Sidney had to put her hand over her mouth and nose to try and block out the metallic scent of her blood and did her best not to look at her as she took the dreamcatcher down and snuck back out.

You did good you know, if you didn't kill her she would have ended both of us. Freddy attempted to reassure her hearing her guilty thoughts.

I don't want to even think about it ok. She begged. Freddy stayed silent and when she was sure he had left her she quickly took a shower. Sidney sat in bed staring at the two dream catchers sitting on her nightstand when she felt Freddy join her. You need to sound the alarm on Kenda. They need to believe that her idea didn't work. Burn the strings out of the center of the dream catchers and tell them it was me.