Chapter 14: Slowly Falling Apart

Once Sidney had thrown her bloodied clothes away and was done washing the blood off of herself she just sat there in the shower letting the warm water runoff of her skin. She was still processing what had just happened. Somehow Freddy was able to take control of her and save her from Anthony. The link had to be responsible for him to be able to do something like that. Then the sudden thought of what if Freddy wasn't there? What would have happened to her if he didn't save her? She let out a quiet sob realizing that she would have been raped if not killed by Anthony.

Finally forcing herself out of the shower once she realized how pruney her fingers had become from the water the horrible realization hit her. What exactly would Freddy do with her now that he could control her like that when she was still awake? Quickly gathering up her things she peeked out the bathroom door with a towel wrapped tightly around her scanning the hallway for anyone and checked to make sure there was no evidence that she was ever in Anthony's room checking the rug for bloodstains in the hall luckily finding none.

Dashing to her room she locked the door behind her and brushed her hair before putting fresh pajamas on. She wasn't going to wait any longer to talk to him and turned the light out and laid in bed closing her eyes. It didn't take but a few seconds before she opened her eyes to Freddy hovering over her who instantly wrapped his fingers around her wrist and let out a relieved sigh.

"It's gotten even worse." He rasped ignoring the questions she was throwing at him with her mind knowing he could hear them. "Stop worrying. I'm not going to use you to kill anyone else unless I have to. I can't risk them finding out about us or else we'll both be dead."

"What are we going to do now? As far as I know there is no way to reverse this and you just..."

"Saved you..." He cut her off. She stared back at him wishing she could just scream at him despite the fact that he was right, but she couldn't stop remembering how helpless she felt when he let her be in control of her like that.

"I know... thank you..." She said in defeat.

"If it wasn't for the link being so strong he would have had us both Sid. I don't know what I would've done if he got away with it, or if you would've even survived. It's not the first time he's done it either..." Freddy explained gravely.

"How many..."

"Two... the second one didn't survive..." He said making her eyes go wide and take hold of his hand in both of hers and rest her forehead on them. Shaking his head to clear it from Anthony's memories he noticed how she was holding his hand and he had to stop himself from ripping it away from her knowing it'd only cause the compulsion to worsen at the loss of her touch. He hated what he was becoming. The link needed to be severed and he needed to get rid of Sidney as soon as he could before things got even worse.

"We need to figure out how this works." Sidney said interrupting his thoughts as she released his hand and he instantly wrapped his fingers around her wrist again.

"We will in the morning... you need to get some sleep so they don't notice." He suggested as his mind wandered to the last time she slept and unknowingly began to stare into her making her eyes go wide and she yanked her wrist away from him getting to her feet beside the bed. Freddy instantly appeared behind her and wrapped his arms around her pulling her back down onto the bed with him.

"Let me go!" She demanded.

"I told you it keeps getting worse. I can't stop myself anymore! You're lucky I haven't accidentally pulled you into a coma yet!" He rasped pinning her down beneath him.

"Is it really that bad?" She asked with concern doing her best to ignore the fact that he was now laying completely on top of her.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you had problems waking up. It almost hurts to not touch you when you're in my world." He admitted resting his forehead on hers .