Chapter 20: A Demon's Sentiment

"Was that really necessary?" Sidney groaned sitting up to grab the book only to be pulled back down by Freddy's arms wrapping around her. "What are you doing? Let me up."

"I don't... want to?" The demon replied sounding confused by his own words as his arms tightened around her.

"Alright this is getting kind of weird now. You weren't this clingy before. Let me go." She complained and after a moment he released her.

"Sorry I don't know what the fuck is happening to me." He apologized as she retrieved the book from across the room.

"Don't say sorry. It sounds really weird coming from you. And ignoring this new clingyness... those items won't be that hard to find. I had to find items similar to those the first time around. Trust me you can find almost anything on Ebay." She explained grabbing the laptop off of the desk and hesitantly sat beside the demon on the bed.

"Good. I just hope this longing goes away with the pain." He said leaning closer to her trying to keep himself from pulling her into his lap again. They sat in silence as he watched her search through the site to find what they needed for the spell. Only a few minutes had passed and Sidney could feel her eyes getting heavy, she quickly jolted upright.

"I think I need to get some sleep." She admitted looking to Freddy for his reaction.

"Then go to sleep." He laughed.

"Not without you. I'm not feeling that pain again." She retorted.

"You think I want to feel that again?" The demon rasped.

"What am I supposed to do? Not sleep until we weaken this?" She stressed looking into him.

"Can you?" He asked desperately.

"What? No, we don't even have the ingredients for the ritual yet! Can't you just put up with the link for a few hours?" She asked a bit surprised by the desperation in his voice. Freddy stared into her knowing that there really was no way around it.

"Fine... but..." He smiled revealing his sharp pointed teeth.

"But... what?" She asked looking rather unamused.

"You have to do whatever I want while I'm stuck back in my world." The demon licked his lips while staring into her.

"Ugh... fine." The tired girl groaned knowing that there wasn't much he could do to her that she wasn't already used to by now. "I'll at least find the ingredients we need first so I can get them ordered."

"Don't worry about that. We should probably move to a place further away from Springwood first. We'll go after we get some sleep." He suggested.

"We?" She looked at him questioningly.

"Just shut up and lay down so I can get the painful part over with." The demon growled.

After powering down the laptop and plugging it in to charge Freddy turned the lights out with the wave of his hand leaving them in darkness. He wrapped his arms around her and they just laid there in silence for a few moments before he forced them both to sleep.

Sidney opened her eyes finding herself sitting up in Freddy's bed and him beside her with a pained expression on his face.

I'm sorry. She thought making him wince and turn his head in pain.

"Just try not to think so loud." The demon begged as he pulled her closer.

"Is it that bad?" She asked a bit afraid of the answer.