eight ; games

Kylo is gone for most of the next day, and when he returns, he seems slightly flustered.

"Mali, listen. I didn't mean to ignore you last night." He is narrowly avoiding an actual apology, but knowing this is the closest he'll give me, I forgive him with a smile.

"You look like a royal disaster." I tease. He shakes his head and sets his hands on his knees.

"I was interrogating someone I captured yesterday. He was relentless ; well...until I used the force." He laughs. I push out a fake giggle, knowing it's completely possible that he's talking of Poe.

"I was also wondering, would you like to accompany me in my work for the rest of the day? Some people I'm meant to talk to are so dull and boring to handle alone."

"Oh! Okay.... just, uhm, let me get changed." I stand up, rushing over to the dresser. I notice him grabbing one of my books and looking through it as he waits. I smirk, deciding on something that wasn't technically in my drawer...

When I come back, he looks up from the book and does a double-take.

"You're wearing my sweater." He realizes.

"Is that bad? Cause I could change it, I-" I go to grab the hem when he interrupts me, grabbing my wrist gently.

"No! No, I like it... a lot." He stutters. I feel my cheeks heat up slightly and I let go of the black material. He places his mask back on and waits for me to open the door. I gladly do so, letting him step out before following him closely.

I feel less strange walking through the halls now, as I'd done it a few times before, and I no longer received any weird looks. They must know who I'm associated with now.

"Hello Captain Phasma, General Hux." Kylo greets, awaiting their nods. I recognize Hux, the man who'd roughly grabbed my arm and called me 'woman' with absolute disgust only a week ago. He seemed less intimidating now, even offering me and slight nod, despite the blank look on his face.

The other I didn't recognize, though I'm sure it is Captain Phasma; a tall, broad shouldered storm trooper with silver armor and a cape awaits my passing, seeming proud and intimidating, just from the way she stands.

We enter an almost purely white room with a long table in the middle; there are several other people/beings who wait in chairs, but they rise as soon as they realize that Kylo's arrived.

"Sit." He orders, quickly finding his place. He looks towards me and acknowledges the seat beside his. I roll my eyes as soon as he turns away. Where else would I sit?

"Now, please tell me why you requested my presence on such short notice."

"Yes, Lord Ren. Well-" Hux gulps and glances in my direction.

"Mali may hear anything you need say to me." Kylo catches, sounding annoyed.

"The Resistance is growing increasingly powerful- and restless. Snoke has reported a feeling of a stronger presence in them now." Hux reports, standing completely still with his hands clasped behind his back.

"And?"

"We don't know your plans on our next move-" There's a loud crashing noise coming from another part of the base. Kylo jumps to his feet, one hand on the table and the other on the weapon at his hip.

"Investigate. Now!" He yells. The group scrambles to their feet and shuffle out of the room, leaving the two of us alone.

"Wouldn't you like to know what's going on?" I question. Kylo takes his helmet away and runs his fingers through his curls, shrugging.

"They should report if it's of any importance." He brushes off.

"You're always so rigid, Kylo." I comment.

"I guess I am.. I would say I'm reflecting your feelings, but you no longer seem afraid of me." He clicks his tongue. After he'd pointed it out, I realized that I'd grown increasingly comfortable around him. If only he acted more collected, I might actually feel like we were at least friends.

"Collected?"

"Don't read my mind!" I snap, sending him a small glare. Instead of growing angry, he smiles, amused, which, in turn, causes a small fit of anger to bubble in my stomach.

"You look like a Loth-Cat." He laughs.

"I'm serious, Kylo. Stop reading my mind." I warn. He raises his eyebrows, a small smile still showing on his face.

"And what do you plan to do if I don't?"

"I'll- I'll-" I realize that I don't have a good comeback and I blush, embarrassed. We meet each other's eyes and laugh. It's a good, real laugh, and I feel the happiest I've felt in months.

"Why haven't you been happy?"

I glare in response and he surprisingly holds his hands up in surrender.

"I didn't mean to- your thought was very loud. Do tell me, please?"

"I wasn't happy in the Resistance." I admit out loud for the first time. He looks down at his hands.

"I know exactly how you feel."

-

seemed like a good ending spot:-)

happy to see you guys!

it's been too long!

anyway, I'd like to tell you that I sincerely try to update just about every day, but it doesn't always work out like that.

I'll try to be better about it, okay?

how are you feeling about Mali and Ky?

I try to make it seem as in- cliche yet cute as possible, but idk

also, the pic on the top is a Loth-Cat.. it's from the Star Wars Disney cartoon, I don't actually watch it, I guess it's just the best cute little Star Wars animal that I could find online that wasn't an Ewok bc I doubt Kylo would be mentioning those fondly:-)

alright

well

I hope to see you tomorrow night

ily

kait x