thirty one ; unlikely

Seeder's pov

I would do anything to fall back asleep right now.

No light peeks in through the shudders in my room, reminding me that I'm being slowly swallowed by the all-consuming darkness of space in the dumb First Order command ship.

What I would give to be snuggled in my white blankets at Resistance Base.

I hate that I refuse to take care of myself if it means I have to leave my baby sister in the wrong hands.

If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here right now; I would've escaped this horrid place or died trying.

My annoyed thoughts are interrupted when I finally notice frantic footsteps echoing outside my door.

Footsteps don't usually phase me here; troopers and guards roam the halls all day and all night, without any break.

It makes me wonder how they could've possibly been so unproductive all this time.

I push the cheap, scratchy blankets from my waist and stand, taking extra time to yawn and stretch my arms over my head.

I open the door to see the man I'd least expect to be pacing in front of it.

"Some kind of dilemma, Crylo?" I smirk, crossing my arms. He's startled out of his state by my words and looks down at me, barely flinching at my use of nickname.

"Yes, actually. I need to talk to you." His tone is worried. I raise and eyebrow, leaning my shoulder on the door.

"Alone." He adds.

I groan, slinking my body out of the way to let him inside. His eyes skirt over my messy floor and few belongings quickly before turning to face me.

"I need you to do something for me." He says.

"Really? I'll have you know, I've rotted in a prison for months because of you; I lost my parents because of you. I don't owe you anything." I seethe, appalled that he'd even consider asking me a favor.

"There's something in it for you. Do you really think I'd expect you to do something for me for nothing in return?"

"Yes." I answer immediately. He sighs.

"Will you hear it or not?"

"Whatever, Crylo. This better be good. I want to hear what you'll do for me first, though." I relent, settling my recently crossed arms at my sides.

"If you'll do this for me, I'll let you leave this base. Unharmed." He reasons. He doesn't sound finished, as if there's something caught in his throat that would pain him to say.

"And?" I encourage.

"You can take your sister with you." His lip trembles, leaving her name from his sentences.

"Wait a second. You're serious?" I gasp, suddenly intent on hearing anything he'd ask me to do.

"Of course I am." He exasperates.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you willing to do this for me?" I narrow my eyes, suspicious. It is well known to many that the two of us hate each other very much. I'd never go the lengths to do something for Ren, and I'd expected he'd felt the same way.