Chapter 29

"Breaking up is like having the worst nightmare after the best dream" -unknown.

Harry's POV

I awoke to myself sitting upside down. A stop sign is all I see, red, shiny, beautiful, far but close enough to see with the naked eye. I felt a warm liquid at the top of my forehead, I touched it with my fingertip then, I passed again. I awoke the second time to myself sitting in a hospital room, everyone yelling at me, A bright light blocked my sight of the people I believed to be doctors. The only thing on my mind was my beloved Christine. The light of my way anymore, I felt woozy like, I was about to pass again, and of course, I did, the light coming closer every time I passed out.

Cal's POV

I sat close to Chris as her mother slept in the bed as her daughter did. The large beeps every time she breathed got louder every time. I was sleepy but not sleepy enough to see that, Chris' eyes lay open. "Chris?!?" I jolted myself up to touch her. She was really awake, breathing, skinny but breathing. "Yeah?" I heard her mumble. I patted Chris' mother on the shoulder as she awoke asking, "Is she up?" She turned around smiling with tears in her eyes. She started to thank god. "You okay kid?" I asked her trying to not get overexcited. She sat up sipping on the water I brought her. "I'm cool." Her mother still in tears, got herself together. "You need to eat, baby." Chris looked at her mother. "I'm not hungry." Her mother left the room. I was puzzled.

Mum's POV

I left the room scared. I found Chris' doctor, "Why is she not hungry?" I was scared, puzzled, all of the above. "Test results say nothing is wrong with her except she is low on nutrients and water." I left back to the room, holding myself to see what she would say. I entered the room watching Cal cry. "What's wrong?" Cal answered with a simple "nothing." I told her she was good to leave now. Cal tried to disagree but I won. She left the room hugging and blessing Chris. Cal leaned into Chris' ear and whispered something. If Christine didn't get what she needed, she would die, slowly. I sat next to her, "Baby, why are you not eating?" She shrugged. "I'm not hungry." I left the room angry, not only at her but at myself. I catched up with Cal, "What did you whisper in her ear?" She looked like she had been crying a lot. She started to say but she studdered "She- She"