chapter fourteen

JOE SUGG'S POV
Caspar and I were sitting on the couch, both on our laptops when suddenly my phone rang. I looked at it only to see that Alyssa's name was flashing across the screen. I quickly placed my laptop beside me as I picked up my phone, pressing the accept button. Putting my phone to my ear, I bit my lip in hesitation before I actually spoke.

"Alyssa?" I asked, wondering if she was even there because the only thing I could hear was silence.

"J-Joe are you there? I need your help. I don't know where I am and it's dark and God, my head hurts so much..." She trailed off, letting out a wince of pain, that made my worries grow.

"What do you mean?"

"It hurts Joe. Every time I move my whole body aches and there's blood running down my face and I-I don't know if I can move."

"Hey listen to me, Alyssa. What happened? What's going on?" I said, gaining Caspar's attention. He looked up from his laptop, his eyebrows knit together in confusion. I looked at him as I heard the sickening sound of her sobs.

"I'm scared and I-I don't know what to do."

"Listen to me, focus on my voice." I said as I ran a hand through my hair. I looked at Caspar who was now standing beside me, with a worried expression on my face. I didn't know where she was, how hurt she was. I didn't know if she was okay.

"Okay."

"Where are you? What does it look like?"

"I know I'm in an alleyway, about a block away from your flat."

"I'm coming to get you okay? I'm gonna hang up but I'm coming."

"O-okay."

That was the last thing she said before I heard the dial tone. I lowered my phone from my ear and ended the call.

"What's going on! What happened to her?" Caspar asked loudly but I just shook my head.

"I don't know."

"You know something! What the hell happened?"

"She's hurt Caspar! She kept going on about her head and blood and-" I stopped myself and looked at him, seeing that he wasn't beside me anymore but he was instead picking up our jackets from the table beside the front door. He threw me mine and I caught it, snatching it up from the air. I put it on, zipping it up and shoved my phone in my pocket. Caspar opened the door and the both of us filed out of our flat.

As soon as we stepped outside a gust of wind hit my face. I put my hood up and tried to focus on one thing, anything but her, but the only thing that I could truly focus on was how Alyssa was hurt and she needed me. I'd already ran through the possibilities of how something like this happened to her but none of them made sense.

"Did she tell you where she was?" Caspar asked, ripping me from my thoughts.

"An alleyway, about a block away from here."

"An alleyway? What the hell is she doing in an alleyway?"

"I don't know, and that's the thing that scares me the most."