chapter thirty-two

"When are we actually going to start?" I asked as I looked at Joe who couldn't even seem to start the video. It had been a few days since I came home, and every day I could feel myself getting better. Joe came to visit frequently, but when he wasn't here, Alfie and Zoë were always there for me, constantly making me smile.

"I'm getting there," he said, his face red as he adjusted the camera for the millionth time. "Just give me a few seconds."

"Uh huh, you said that five minutes ago."

He looked at me and rolled his eyes before running a hand through his hair. "Listen, I've never done this before, I don't really know how to start this."

"Just be yourself," I said quietly, placing a hand on his shoulder. He smiled softly before nodding and then he turned on the camera and began.

"Hello everyone! Today, I am with Alyssa once again but this time we have a very special announcement to make! Now a lot of you have had the sneaking suspicion that the two of us, are together. Well, we're here to confirm that indeed all the rumours are true and Alyssa and I have been dating for a while now."

He paused for a moment before clasping his hand in mine and I looked down at our interlocked fingers and smiled.

"The video that we are filming today is..."

"The Girlfriend Tag!" We said in unison.

"Wait, so is this all about me then?" I asked, slightly confused.

"No, it's about us," he said, motioning towards both us. I nodded in understanding as he let out a small laugh and then proceeding to continue the video.

"Now that, that's all cleared up. Let's start with the first question, shall we?" Joe said, before he let go of my hand so that he could grab his phone. He scrolled through something quickly and then smiled before looking up.

"Where did we first meet?"

"Funny enough, I've known Zoë for almost two years now and she never mentioned you until the day I met you, which happened to be at Winter Wonderland."

"Let me point out that I first really met you when I caught you after you made the stupid decision of walking into the ice."

"In my defence, I was being peer pressured by three people. Alfie, Zoë and Caspar."

"What was your first impression of me?" I read it off of his phone, just so we could alternate answering the questions.

"Other than the fact that you were incredibly stupid," he trailed off and looked at me as I punched playfully, a smile on my face. "I thought that you were special. Different."

"As lovely as that is, your first words to me were 'careful, love' so I thought that you were the typical British boy."

"Ouch, that hurts."

"But," I said, holding up a hand. "I was wrong."

"Onto the next question. Where was our first date?"

"I really want to lie and tell them that we had our first date somewhere romantic but it was at Nando's and we just had lunch together," I said, recalling the lunch that we had together.