Deadly Passion (1)

If you treat a woman good, she'll treat you better right?

That's what James thought when he arrived back in Los Angeles; hoping to catch the woman he thought slipped through his fingertips. Sure, he left his child behind but she was fine with her mother, Rachael—not that she minded but James had an agenda he had to fulfill where getting his wife back was the first thing on the list.

The cab ride seemed longer since he'd been away for a while. He saw many different faces once he arrived on the compound that housed everybody. It was a rather large piece of land up in the hills that overlooked the city. Three houses sat on the compound along with a pool and tennis court.

—another thing on his list was to move out of the compound and get his own house. He was forced to sell his old one based on bad investments but now he was back with a better mindset. He was tired of always answering to Priscilla's father. That was part of the reason they had moved out in the first place. Now they were back again... but not for long.

Fabian—Priscilla's father—did well for himself over the span of fifty years. He bought and sold companies at his leisure.

The thought brought him back to Kenneth Marconi, the Italian tycoon who gave him a job at his international shipping company. It was a favor, really, but it gave him a start and a life with Priscilla.

The car pulled up and he stepped out with his bag over his shoulder. A guard at the main gate stopped him and called up to the main house.

Once he was cleared, James made his way up to the house only to be grabbed and gagged by a few men. He struggled against them but couldn't gain any leverage.

"Marco! Leave him alone." A female voice hissed and the men retreated with sheepish grins on their faces.

"We were only welcoming him back."

"Is that how you treat family? Go make yourselves useful." She ran them off with her perfectly manicured hand.

"Lisa." He smiled at the blonde coming his way, swaying her broad hips.

"You got a lot of nerve coming back here." The wrinkles increased as she narrowed her blue eyes at him.

"I need to talk to her. It's not what it seems." He pleaded.

She rolled her eyes and gestured for him to follow her. Once they entered the house, he saw her.

Priscilla sat at the breakfast table sipping what seemed like white wine. She didn't even spare him a glance.

"A little early for that isn't it?" He teased but she only ignored him.

"You have about five minutes before Fabian comes from his study—guns blazing," Lisa warned and he nodded.

"Right, Priscilla, listen I need to explain to you."

"There's nothing to explain. You chose them over me and that's all there is to it."

"No, I chose you. I'm here for you." He moved to sit beside her.

Snorting, she gulped down the last of her wine. "If you really chose me, you would have stopped me from leaving."

"Baby, even I know not to mess with you when you're angry." He tried to lighten the mood.

Suddenly she turned her full attention to him. "Are you really here for me?"

"Yes and I'm here to stay." He promised her.

Her eyes lit up and closed the distance between them with a hug—which he eagerly returned.