Deadly Passion (12)

James sat in his office overlooking the city and contemplated his next move. He had finally left Kenneth's company and forged his own alliance with the Romanos. His friend Keith didn't talk to him for months because of that- but it was the best choice. He needed to do something on his own and created a name for himself.

"Mr. O'Connor, your three o'clock is here." His assistant said through the intercom.

"Thank you, Claire. Send them in, please."

He was meeting with potential investors; whose resources will fund and push his project even further than it could ever go on his own. If things went right, he could start building his own company with his own ideas and own strategies.

"I'm not sure what exactly I'm investing in, James." One of his associates said once they were settled and began discussing the paperwork. "The returns seem adequate but the project seems sketchy. I need to know what kind of business we're getting in."

"Yes, of course you do. I can assure you this is fully legit and was approved by my board of directors."

"I don't know." Another spoke up. "Doing business with China seems risky."

"Which is exactly why we need to do it. No one else will get involved and we will be the only partners to bring in shipments twice as much as any other company." James pressed.

"There is a reason why people won't invest in China; especially with this specific company. They are known for indulging in... unorthodox methods."

"C'mon, guys. It's not the fucking Chinese mafia." James laughed. "The production and the labour is cheap. If we don't move in on this deal then someone else will scoop it up once they realise what an opportunity this is." He leaned forward on his elbows.

The three investors looked among each other and shared a slight nod.

"On one condition: our return has to go five percent higher."

"Five percent! That's robbery for sitting cash."

"Fifteen percent total and it's a deal, James. If not then we're walking."

He could tell they wouldn't back down and it angered him. Even though his board had agreed that twenty was the highest; he wanted them to close the deal at ten percent. The extra percentage would cut into his profits and set him back by a year or two.

"Fine. Fifteen percent." He stood to shake their hands. "Our lawyers will draw up the paperwork." He escorted them out of his office.

He had to kiss ass before he could kick it.

__________________

"Babe." Reese cooed as he ran a finger up Janessa's leg.

"Hmm?"

They were out by the pool; sun tanning and lounging around. It was just like any other day; nothing was different and Janessa felt at ease. She couldn't deal with any more change in her life.

"We need to talk."

She propped herself up on her elbows and removed her sunglasses. "About what?"

Reese continued moving his finger up and down her leg; admiring her fire truck red bikini that fit her so good it was a sin.

"About us." He looked in her eyes.

She sat up this time, taking his words into consideration. "Are you not happy?"

"Yes! Of course I am. I just wanted to talk about us." He moved so that he was kneeling between her legs with his head by her crotch and playing with her flat tummy once she laid back down. "I don't think we've ever talked about that."