⁽ ²⁰ ⁾ ❝ ᴀᴛ ʟᴏɴɢ ʟᴀsᴛ ❞

Kylo lay on his back, arms folded over his bare stomach, head turned to the side, giving him the ability to gaze out the large viewport that offered him sight lines to the constellation-peppered skies.

    His mind was wound around Jana like yarn around his fingers.

    He couldn't figure her out. 

    Even after learning of her sister's death, she refused to give in to him. Even after loosing everything, she refused. Even after watching her own body slowly deteriorate, she refused.

    How could someone so full of darkness be host to that much light? It wasn't possible!

    Jana wasn't possible.

    And that was what was keeping him awake this night. Deciphering his feelings.

    How could he be so drawn to her...how could he be longing for her touch, craving to hear her voice and to see her face...while he simultaneously wanted to take his saber to her? Was it possible to hate someone and covet feelings for them at the same time? 

    Surely not.

    Then which way was he leaning?

    Towards her or away from her?

    He abruptly turned onto his stomach, frustration beginning to trickle through his chest. He was starting to think that it would drive him insane, thinking about her for too long.

    Perhaps not as insane as his heart being torn between dark and light, but insane all the same.

    He resituated himself onto his back, one hand moving under his head, and the other resting on his ribs.

    He didn't want her on his mind any longer. She would be on it daylong once tomorrow came, so with that he closed his eyes and tried his best to clear his mind.

    However he'd only been laying there for a few minutes before he felt something that caused him to bolt straight upright.

    He heard it even from the distance it must be emanating from. A sound that resembled the contained, guttural rush of wind, batting off the walls at a level that approached deafening.

    He could place the sensation in less than an instant.

    The Force.

    Or more specifically, the Dark Side.

    It was being used.

    And Kylo knew exactly where to find the instigator.

    He snatched his lightsaber from its place on the bedside table, then dashed from his room.

    He met no Stormtroopers as he ran through the halls, finally arriving at the level he sought.

    The noise had died down, but the aftermath of such a powerful execution still rang in shattered fragments in the air.

Kylo was surprised to say the least when he found the door leading to Jana's quarters had been blown from its place, laying in a crumple of metal before him. The walls beside it were bent and crimped as if someone had taken a massive hammer to them.

Kylo stepped over the dislocated door and into the room, eyes widening when he saw Jana facing him, her hands shaking as she gazed disbelievingly at them.

Her eyes snapped up to his upon his entrance, revealing the blood dripping from her nose and the large bruises on her neck. He held her gaze for a moment, each questions pouring through the exchange before Jana exhaled slowly.