Letter To The Head

Chapter 14

Mum spent ages trying to work out how to tell the school I am leaving to move to a different school. At first she was just going to go in at tell the head but she can't do that as someone will freak out at everyone will know. Then she said she would do a video chat but that's not personal enough and what if she had to sign something. Then she said she would just ring school but now she's changed her mind again and she written a letter.

This is what it said:

Dear Mr Smith,

I am writing to tell you that Lucie Rose has been offered a place at Holmes Fashion School and has happily accepted. She will be finishing this term and then will be moving schools. That gives her time to finish her exams as they are important. Also sir I am sorry I did not come into school to tell you this news in person but it was impossible to do so, if myself or my husband needs to come in and sort anything else out let us know and we will sort out an appointment outside of school times.

We would like to keep her moving if schools quiet so please do not go and say anything in an assembly or anything.

Thank you.

Mrs Rose

I don't know what to think as this letter could be read two ways. One: that there was a problem at school and I was moving because of it or two: I had been given an amazing option and had taken it to fulfil my dreams, which was what I was doing. Personally it sounded a bit rude but mum was unsure on what to put any way so we it will have to do.

**

Monday morning I was called into the head teachers office, I knew it would be about me moving but I could help but let my mind wonder on why else I would get called in there.

"Hello Lucie, you can go straight through" the lady on reception said.

"Thank you."

"Hello Lucie, take a seat" Mr Smith said with a smile, "Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on getting into Homes Fashion School, I am sure you will fit in perfectly there. You have an outstanding talent!"

"Thank you sir"

"I called to ask you to get your parents to call me for an appointment as we need to go through and sign to say you have left this school they will have to do the same at your new school as well."

"Oh right, of course. I will get them to phone as soon as I get home"

"Perfect, now back to class"

**

"MUM?" I said walking through the front door.

"Yes Lucie?"

"Mr Smith wants you to phone and sort out an appointment"

"Oh right, would you mind if I asked the school if it was possible for them to come here?"

"I don't really care"

"Alright, I will phone now"

"Okay, I'm going to go get changed and go for a run"

"Alright sweetie"

I need to go for a run to clear my mind; I am getting a little bit stressed over my exams and the moving of school has kind of come at the wrong time, I didn't really think it would be so should but I am glad it is because the sooner I move schools the sooner I can start working with Link. The deal is that once I have gone to the school for two months and Susie has check my skills are perfect then I can start. Two months is a long time though, 8 weeks, 56 days, hopefully it goes quicker than it sounds.

"All sorted, Mr Smith and one other teacher is coming round tomorrow while you're at school so that we get this sorted out" Mum said as I came back from my run.

"Okay, mum"

"Tea will be in 10 minutes"

"Alright" I said running up the stairs.

______________________________________________­­­­_______

Yes, I know a boring filler chapter but I promise something better will happen soon, just give it one more chapter and then it will start making sense. I promise

Zo xx

Comment... Vote... Follow...