Chapter 13: The Last One?

(Feb. 5 2016)

I. Am. So. Tired. So. Here. Is. The. Next. Chapter. So. I. Can. Finally. Sleep! XD

~~~

Chapter 13: The Last One?

Jin's POV:

"Skys, we need to talk."

Sky and I hastily leap apart as Barney comes around the corner, staring at him like deer caught in headlights. Barney raises a confused eyebrow at our reaction, crossing his arms.

"About what, Barney?" Sky asks hesitantly.

Barney fixes Sky with a harsh glare. Oh gosh, he's really in trouble. "You knows what, loves bird. Comes on."

Sky's face goes beet red at Barney's comment, and I feel my face heating up as well as we break out into flustered protests.

"Wha--?"

"H-Hey!"

"We're not--!"

"Why would you--?!"

Barney interrupts us with an eye-roll and a growled, "Now," as he gestures toward the meeting hall.

Sky lets out a small huff before sending a helpless look my way. I nod to him; refusing Barney would only get him into even more trouble, if that's even possible. Sky sighs, "I'm in a lot of trouble, aren't I?"

"After the stunts you just pulled? You're betting you are!"

And with that, Barney turns around and leads Sky away with me following silently.

~~~

"Skys, you can't just go running through the Maze like that. We have rules here, and you're just completely disregard for all of them!"

Ross and I listen closer from our positions at either side of the door, trying to look casual as if we're totally not eavesdropping on the conversation going on inside.

"I'm sorry Barney, okay?" Sky's voice replies back, "I'm sorry; I understand what I did was wrong. But you couldn't expect me to just sit here and leave them out there in the Maze!"

"You don't understand, Skys! You're can't just break the rules and going out into the Maze like that. It's too dangerous; we're having those rules so that no one in the Glades is putting another in dangers!"

"Yeah, well at least I did something!" I hear the sound of a wooden chair toppling onto the stone floor, alerting us that Sky stood up in his frustration. "What did everyone else do back there to help? Nothing! If you really want to keep everyone out of danger, why didn't you send anybody to look for them?!"

"Sending the other person after them would only making the situations worse!"

"I'm sorry, are you saying that me going to help them made it worse?"

There's a heavy pause in response, the tension palpable even from outside. "...Yes."

Our eyes go wide. "Excuse me?!" Sky's voice is filled with enraged indignation.