Chapter 22: No One's Getting Along (Except Jin and Sky)

(May 25 2016)

Heya! I'm back! Two things:

1: The video featured in this story part is the panel Jin did at PAX East the day I went there, and if you skip to 53:38, that's me asking a question in the JinBop hoodie >w<

2: Everybody give CatwithaCupcake a virtual hug because she is just the sweetest person! She wrote a fan-fan-fiction of this story! SO cute! (Check it out in her oneshot book if you feel like fangirling ;))

~~~

Chapter 22: No One's Getting Along (Except Jin and Sky)

Sky's POV:

"Well, it's about times you dirts showed up!" Barney scowls as we walk in, crossing his arms at us.

I start to apologize, but Barney interrupts before I can say a word.

"Shut up! I've had just about enough of you, Greenie! There used to be some's order around here—until you showed up!"

He does have a point, and I have to fight the urge to just hang my head and take it, "Hey, it's not my fault!" I snap indignantly, "I had to run out after her!"

"Yeah yeah, I've heard's enough of that, it's never your fault!"

"You're right, Barney, it's mine."

Barney and I both turn in surprise at Jin's voice. Jin doesn't break eye contact with Barney, his head held high and his voice defiant as he speaks up again, "In case you don't remember, I told Sky to follow me into the Maze, and I was the one who let him out of the Pit in the first place. I was responsible for Sky going into the Maze, so if you have a problem with him, take it out on me."

Jin...

Barney seems taken aback, at a loss for words as surprise flashes across his face for a split second. He blinks, then, to my surprise, he backs off. I guess he doesn't want to fight with Jin.

Barney only falters for a moment before his surprise is quickly masked by a familiar scowl as he turns to Jess. "Well, the same can't be said for you, Greenie! You're just go crazy running into the Maze, no care at all?"

"How was I supposed to know that I wasn't supposed to go into the Maze?!"

"Maybe you will know this, if you hadn't go crazy right away, and someone would tells you!"

"How could I not go crazy? There were a bunch of guys I didn't know surrounding me!"

"Ugh!" Barney rolls his eyes — well, eye — and turns away in exasperation.

"To be fair, Barney," I start hesitantly, "she's got a point. We didn't really handle that very well."

"Everyone was staring at me inside of a hut—I don't even know where I am or remember how I got here!"

"Everyone else had the cool enough head to understanding and listening for a second, even Jin!" Jin makes a small noise that turns into an indignant pout that is just adorable, but Barney pays us no mind as he continues. "You're just went insane! You grabbed the weapon and ran away—"