Chapter 25: Mission Accomplished?

(Jul. 19 2016)

Hi, everyone! Remember that prequel/one shot series/missing scenes book I asked you about in that last chapter? Well, it seemed like a lot of you wanted it, so I stayed up late that night drawing a cover for it, and now it's up! Check out my profile; it's called Walled In. (Shoutout to Fan-Plays again for coming up with the title for me! <3)

I need inspiration though, so check it out and leave requests in the comments! I'm starting it off with how Jin arrived in the Glade, but I'm still open to requests!

Also, thank you so much to the people who came to the stream on Saturday! It was great getting to interact with you all. If you missed the live stream, don't forget to check it out under "past broadcasts" on twitch.tv/princesslisxx! We got all the way to Chapter 12, and there was some exclusive hints about what I have planned for this story that I revealed on stream!

And now, the chapter!

Chapter 25: Mission Accomplished?

Sky's POV:

"Jin?" I whisper as I step into the Barracks, spotting his still form lying on one of the beds, facing away from me, "You awake?"

He doesn't answer or even move, so I assume he isn't. I sigh, sitting down on my bed before I hear a voice behind me.

"Yeah."

I jump a little in surprise, "Sorry, did I wake you?"

"No."

"Oh."

A long, awkward silence fills the room. Jin opens his eyes and sits up, staring at the floor. It's dark in the room, but I can make out Jin's stiff posture as he shrinks away, hanging his head so that his hair obscures most of his face.

"Hey, Jin," I start tentatively, "about what happened earlier—"

Jin makes a pained noise, and I stare at him in concern with wide eyes, "I-I'd rather not talk about it."

His voice wobbles in a way that physically pains in my heart, "Did I... do something wrong?"

"N-No..." His voice is quiet, going even quieter as he continues, "I-It's just something stupid, forget about it," he says with a touch of sadness.

"Jin..." I get up and sit next to him, unsure of myself. Right when I thought I knew how he felt about me, whatever....this...is happens, and I feel like I'm back to square one. Why is he acting like this? "It's not stupid if it's bothering you. What's wrong?"

Jin doesn't say anything for a long time, the silence deafening. Eventually, I sigh and get up, resigned to the fact that Jin won't say anything, and am walking over to my bed when Jin finally speaks. "I like someone."

"Oh." I turn around, my eyes widening in realization, "O-Oh." I'm tempted to ask who it is, but hold myself back; if Jin wanted me to know, he would've said who it was.

I wish I didn't have to feel the stinging sensation of my heart breaking.

So he likes someone else...

"I think I've liked him for a while, before I could even know it, if that's possible. I... I thought the feeling was mutual, but... Now I'm not so sure, and I'm too afraid to ask, because I'm scared I won't like the answer..." He lowers his head even more, "I know, I'm probably just being stupid..."