Hiatus Extended

I don't know when I'll be back. I'm sorry.

To give context, about four days ago my dog Bella started acting strange, and on Tuesday I out of bed in the morning to find her shivering and panting and running a fever and we drove her to the emergency vet. She had a problem with one of her kidneys and needed emergency surgery, and due to pre-existing conditions she had that was risky enough already.

The past few days have been a roller coaster of emotion. Whenever we thought she was going to be okay, she'd deteriorate or something else would go wrong.

She pulled through the surgery and was even doing better than the vet expected when we called them that evening. Then my mom got a phone call from them at one in the morning.

She didn't make it through the night.

She's been part of my life for almost as long as I can remember. I was six years old when we got her. I'm an only child who moved around a lot through my childhood and for a long time she was my only friend. I couldn't imagine a life without her– I still can't. She was still bouncing around like a puppy (despite being 12 years old) and full of happy life and suddenly everything went downhill in three days.

My one comfort is that she didn't suffer. She was happy until the end. That's all that matters to me.

I'll be okay, and even though I don't know how long this story will stay on hiatus, I'll keep updating my Art Book and might even write other stories to channel and process my emotions. Thank you, everyone. I wish it didn't have to be like this.

~Zellona