Ch. 15

Since the moment she woke up and secretly got herself all washed up in the morning, Soojung has not touched a single piece of food. Let's see, she woke up at 8:27 a.m. and it's currently 4:57 p.m...

"Jongin-ssi?" Soojung calls out for the thousandth time today. The emptiness of her stomach makes her hang over the bed, wanting to throw up even though there's nothing to hurl.

"Yes?"

"I'm... hungry." Soojung removes herself from the edge of the mattress and curls into herself over it. The hair that is hers moves around and gets tangled up more as she moves around.

Outside, Jongin is trying to resist the urge of helping the poor girl. Even though he's only known her for a legit less than 24 hours, his immense love for her is growing every second.

"Soojung-ssi, I've already told you many times; you only get one meal a day. You will get your meal at 9 p.m. every day."

The deafening tone of silence follows his statement. Even from about 10 feet away, he can hear her stomach growl for food. And every single time it happens, he cringes and hopes that she'll be alright.

"Screw it." He grabs a granola bar from off his desk and rushes into her cell. In a matter of a few seconds, his bottom sets itself next to the pale girl. Jongin scoops her into his arms and helps her sit up next to him.

"Quickly eat this; Leader Kim will be very mad at me if I get caught doing this." He quickly spits and hands her the granola bar. Without further a due, he rushes out of the cell and locks it back up again.

The hungry girl, Soojung, stares at the snack bar like it's holy food sent down by Jesus. Clasping her hands together, she closes her eyes and thanks God for giving her this opportunity to eat.

After praying, she rips open the snack bar and munches down onto it like a wild beast. Moans of content flood her; the snack bar is completely made to her liking. The grains of oat are stuck together by honey, which is topped off with piece of chocolate.

"Jongin-ssi, thank you so, so much." Soojung hollers and continues to munch down on the bar of oats.