Here I Go

"Speck now or forever hold your peace." 

 I took a deep breath and dropped the flowers. "You can't marry him!" I said. Everybody gasped while my mother looked at me with wide eyes. Her mouth handing opened like a bug trying to find food.

                Now you're probably wondering why I just stopped my mom from getting married. One word, love. I didn't stop her because I wanted her to be alone. That wasn't it. I wanted her to be happy I really did. But I knew she wasn't happy. And I sure as hell wasn't happy. 

                And I'm not stopping them because I'm in love with the guy my mom is about to marry. He's like 50! Ew. But all this happened because of love.

                I'm in love. I never believed in it. I thought it was only in movies and in books. But when the one you love is about to become something else, you realize that's not what you wanted in the first place. I have to fight for what I want. Don't you think?

                 I found the guy I want to spend my life with and they're taking him away. And I'm not letting them. I can't. It's hard. You know? To see the one you love become something else. And the thing is nobody cared but me and him. Nobody cared that this wedding was hurting us. They just all thought we'd get over it in a week. But I didn't. And I won't

                 Let me start in the beginning where I first seen him. 

                 I started to play my guitar like I always did when I was alone. I always went to this river around my way. And God let me tell you, it was beautiful. I always went there when I wanted to think or when I needed time alone to just be myself.

                 I smiled as the birds sat on rocks and trees watching me. It made me feel better, just by being here.

                 "You're really good." I turned around and this every cute guy was smiling at me.

                "Thank you." I said smiling back. I put my guitar down and sat on the rock looking out into the water.

                 "Do you come here a lot?" He asked sitting down next to me. I laughed and nodded.

                "I come out here every day. I also know everybody here, but I never seen you before." I said. It was true. I was born here. This was my home town and I never wanted to leave. Everybody here was just so sweet. They made it home. And without them I wouldn't be home. I was the only child with three crazy best friends.

                The four of us were born here and we were unstoppable and we still are. This is our home.

                "I just moved in." He said. I turned to face him and held out my hand.

                 "Welcome." I said kindly. He shook my hand making my tummy go wild. His hand was soft and warm. I sound like an insane chick. But don't worry, I'm not. "You'll like it here. Everybody's nice and the schools are cool."

                He nodded and looked around. "So far people are being nice." We both laughed. "I'm Jayden."

                "Olivia. I live around the corner." I said. My phone began to ring making me jump in shock. "Sorry about that." I said. I looked at the caller ID and it was my best friend Torrey. I forgot today was her sweet 16. I sat up grabbing all of my stuff. Just when I was about to run for it I remembered Jayden.

                 "I'm sorry." I said again. "I've got to go. My friend’s birthday's today and I'm so late. I'll see you around." I ran all the way home and making sure I didn't step on a rock or trip. When I got home I dropped everything on my bed and got in the shower. Torrey is going to kill me.

                When I was done I pulled my dress over me and fixed my hair making it messy, curly. I slipped on my heels put on a little lipstick. My phone started to ring again and this time it was a text by Torrey.       

                Where are you?

                I texted back that I was on my way and grabbed my car keys. I called Victoria and Bella who wanted me to pick them up to tell them I was on my way. When I got to Bella's house, Victoria was running down the block to the car. "I could of just driven up there." I told her when she hoped in breathing heavy.

                She shook her head. "No need we're already late. Hurry!" I shook my head and started moving. We were late, but not that late. It's not like we were in the dance number. But I was singing there.

                When we got there Torrey gave all of us big hugs. "Okay, Olivia, you're ready?" I nodded. I was born ready. Singing in front of a lot of people was no biggie. I did it all the time. Well I did it once but let's just hope I don't mess up. I took a deep breath and got on stage.

                Everybody started to clap and I looked at my band. "This is a song for the birthday girl." I started. "Hope you like it." When my band started to play I licked my lips feeling like I was about to piss on myself.

                I can do this, I kept telling myself.

                When I started singing all eyes was on me making me feel unsure about myself. What if they think I can't sing? Or what if they think that my band sucked like the sucker things in a fish tank?

 I looked at my friends who where clapping and mouthing the words. Then I got into. Everything I was worried about left. I grabbed my guitar and started playing with the other guys and before I knew it, it was over and everybody was on their feet clapping.

                "Happy Birthday Torrey! We love you and never forget that." She ran on stage and gave me and my band hug's. The other girl's joined in and we all bowed together. Torrey was happy crying and it made me laugh. "Aw Torrey don't cry."

                We were walked off the stage and on to the dance floor where her dance number was about to start. "Thank you." She said.

                "You should get ready babe's." Bella said smiling. Torrey nodded and got  to her spot with the other dancers. Victoria, Bella and I sat down at our table to watch. We made Torrey happy. And come to think about it, this was the happiest I've ever seen her. Maybe because her baby brother is out the hospital and can be here for her.

                I smiled at the little kid who was bobbing his head and dancing with his little cousin, Kat. This is the biggest moment in Torrey's life and I'm glad to be a part of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay everybody this is my new story. This just hit me like out of nowhere and I just had to write it before I forgot. I hope you guys like the first chapter and if you're reading Enchanted then I might upload this weekend.

Thank you for reading. :))