Chapter 13

I'm working on homework a few days later when something pings off my window. I get up from my desk and cross the room as another ping comes. I throw open the window, expecting to find Cole on the opposite side. Instead Annaleigh stands in Cole's open window, looking a bit frantic. "Annaleigh," I say, surprised, "What's going on?"

"Oh Dylan, I'm so glad you're home. So, as you may know, my wedding is in a few weeks and I just found out that one of my bridesmaids can't come. I'm freaking out and I was trying to think of who to ask to fill in. Then Cole said your name and I thought, I should ask you and see if you could do it. You're about the same size as Melissa so the dress should fit and if not it wouldn't take many alterations I don't think. So, would you please consider it?"

She says all of this quite quickly, leaving me struggling to follow. "Annaleigh, are you asking me if I'll be a bridesmaid?" I ask, just to make sure I understood. She nodded, "Pretty pretty please?" She said, clasping her hands in front of her the way she used to when we were younger and she wanted something.

I nodded, "Of course, I would be honored to be in your wedding." I say, giving her a smile. She squeals, "Really?" She asks, a huge smile taking over her face. I nod and she jumps up and down, "Yay, thank you so much! I would so hug you right now if I didn't think I would fall out of this window. So, are you busy right now?" She asks, glancing at her watch.

I look back to the open calculus book and then shake my head, I'm almost done anyway. "Awesome, there's a dress fitting in a half-hour and I was really hoping that you'd be able to come." I smile at her, "I'll meet you downstairs in 10?" I ask, always loving an excuse not to be home. She nods, "Yep, see you in 10."

    We both shut our windows and I watch as she disappears

We both shut our windows and I watch as she disappears. I head into my closet and pull on a pair of skinny jeans, a blue and white striped shirt, and an olive colored army jacket. I slip on a pair of flats and then head downstairs, braiding back my hair as I go. I meet Annaleigh at her car and we head off to the bridal shop.

~*~

"Okay Dylan, let's see it." Annaleigh calls out. I step out of the dressing room and everyone ooh's. I'm the first person to try on the dress and the other 2 bridesmaids are excited to see it.

I step up onto the little pedestal and turn to face them. The dress is simple, much like Annaleigh's. It's navy with a sweetheart neckline and lace overlay, coming together in the back. It's very pretty and fits surprisingly well.

I give Annaleigh a thumbs up and she smiles, tears in her eyes. "You're so pretty Dylan." She says, "Everything's really coming together and it's only a few weeks away." She sighs, wiping at her eyes. I give her another smile. "It's going to be perfect Anna." I say, stepping over to her giving her a hug. "Thank you Dylan, that really means a lot."

                                   __________________________________________

A/N: So this chapter is super short but it's really just a filler chapter. The next one is going to be better I'm pretty sure so stick with it.

              Thanks,

                                 A