Chapter 26

Christmas morning we exchanged presents and went to breakfast with my parents. When we came back we had a relaxing day on the beach and lounging around the house. That night we had a bonfire and Cole and I exchanged presents.

I was sitting around the fire next to Kyle when Cole appeared behind me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me back against him. "Want to go for a walk?" He whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my neck.

I could feel my cheeks heat up but I wasn't quite sure why. I nodded and stood up. I slid my hand in his and we started down the beach, waving goodbye to the others.

We walked in comfortable silence for a while, not in a hurry to get anywhere. Cole swung our entwined hands back and forth like a little kid, making me smile.

Eventually we slowed to a stop, our feet in the shallow water. He stood behind me with his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, holding me against him. I leaned into his chest and he rested his chin on top of my head.

He leaned down and kissed my neck, sending shivers down my spine, and working his way up to my ear. "I have something for you." He whispered. I smiled and twisted in his arms so I could see his face. "What?" I asked curiously.

He smiled down at me and reached into his pocket, "Close your eyes." He said softly. I did, waiting in anticipation. His arms shifted, moving from my waist to my neck, drawing my hair off to the side and leaving a trail of heat with his fingers.

I felt something lightly brush against my neck and then something cool was resting against my skin. "Open your eyes." He said as I reached up and touched the necklace he had placed around my neck.

It was my key necklace but he added to it. It now had two small round circles on it in addition to the key. One with an engraving that said his only and the other with an image of two hands intertwining.

 One with an engraving that said his only and the other with an image of two hands intertwining

I looked up at him and he smiled, reaching into his pocket again and pulling out his keys. Clipped onto the lock were matching pendants except it said her only instead of his. I smiled and stretched up to kiss him.

He kissed me back, slipping his arms back around my waist as mine moved up to wrap around his neck. He held me tightly as his hands traveled up and down my back. One tangled in my hair as his lips moved passionately against my own.

After a long while we broke apart, staring into each other's eyes as the water lapped at our feet. "Merry Christmas Cole." I said softly. He smiled down at me again, placing another soft kiss against my lips. "I love you Dylan, Merry Christmas."