4.3

*Luke's P.O.V*

"Oh, there you are!" Mum greets Laurel and I once we get back to Sydney. "How was Quirindi? Did you like it?"

"Absolutely, Liz!" Laurel replies. "We went to those amazing sunflower fields and I took so many pictures!"

"We are looking forward to seeing them, for sure" Dad chuckles. "What about yourself, Luke? Did you have fun?"

"Yeah" I shrug, taking my bag back to my room. I can hear Laurel's laughter, as she tells my parents all the places we've been to in Quirindi, and the thought returns to my mind.

Yesterday she got a text from someone called Jim and since then she never lets go of her phone. I know I'm probably paranoid, but it's like she doesn't want me to know about whatever it is they talk. Of course I don't even know if that's Jim but probably is, before his call she'd never use her phone that much.

"I can't even believe we're flying back to the US tomorrow," Laurel shows up by the doorframe. "it feels like we arrived yesterday."

"I wish we could stay more" I say, tugging my things inside the suitcase "But don't worry, we can always come back"

"I know..." Laurel gets inside my room and wraps her arms around my waist, her cheek against my back, after dropping her phone on my bed. "I think the worst part of it all is that now I'm gonna be back to Charlotte and you to LA; our time together is over"

"We do have FaceTime"

"But it's not the same"

"I know"

"I'm gonna miss you. I love you, Luke"

I turn to face her, hold her hands and look directly in her eyes.

"Laurel, who is Jim?"

Her eyes goggle and she hesitates before clearing her throat and chuckling.

"It's a friend of mine, baby. How do you know about him?"

"Why did he text you to call him?" I raise my eyebrows, annoyed.

"Maybe because he wanted to talk? C'mon, now. You're not jealous, are you?"

I look to the floor, feeling the blood boiling in my veins.

"Luke, is there anything else I could do to make you understand that I'm completely, deeply and madly in love with you?" She inquires, pulling up my chin so I look at her. She smiles and kisses me.

I sigh, gently rubbing her hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm a fucking idiot... Hey, do you think we could...?" I smirk. Laurel grins and bites her bottom lip.

"At your parents'? Really?" She raises her eyebrows.

"This used to be my house, too" I playfully fold my arms, before grabbing her by the waist and pulling her for a kiss as she giggles.

"Uh, hey lovebirds" Dad shows up, scaring Laurel, who literally jumps away from me and stares at her feet, her arms joined behind her back. Dad glances amusingly at me and I do the same. "Liz and I are going out. I'm dropping her at a student's and I've got some issues to deal with back at work. I'm afraid we're not coming back before night."