1.6

*Luke's P.O.V*

"I'm so glad this trip is over!" Amanda sighs, relieved.

"You're talking like it was the worst time of your life, jeez." Michael scoffs.

"It could have been better, true. To begin with, you shouldn't be there." She snaps.

"I'm not even wasting my time with you. Speak with my hand." Michael raises his arm and aligns his thumb with the other fingers, like when you're handling a puppet.

Note that, as they are into this stupid argument, I'm literally in the middle of them.

"You guys secretly love each other." I roll my eyes and Michael grins.

"I'm sure she loves me. But she knows she doesn't stand a chance."

"Luke, are you gonna let him talk to me like that?" She inquires, unbelieving.

"He's just pulling your leg" I reply, awkwardly, and she huffs, folding her arms.

"You don't give a shit about me. And don't let me get started with that friend of yours."

"Aw, Amazing Amanda is jealous?" Michael fake pouts. "This is amusing."

"Shut the fuck up." She scolds.

"Can't you stop it? Both of you!" I glare at them. "We are in the middle of the flight and I want to survive to get to LA."

Michael puffs and puts on his earphones, while Amanda unlocks her phone to text someone.

I sigh, checking my phone, hoping there would be texts from Laurel. There aren't. Ugh.

An hour later the plane lands at the LAX and there are dozens of paparazzi waiting for us in the lobby. I roll my eyes and walk, not even bothering to pay attention to what they are saying. Let them take the goddamn photos they need.

"Hey Luke are you cheating on your girlfriend?" One of them questions, out of the blue. I freeze, feeling my heart stop for a moment.

"What the fuck?" A curses, grabbing me by the hand.

What the fuck, I repeat in my head.

"Who was that girl you were hanging out with in Charlotte?" Another inquires.

"Is she your girlfriend?" The other says.

"Michael's girlfriend perhaps!" A fourth one speaks up.

We head to a black car that is already waiting for us and quickly hop in. When the driver pulls away Amanda turns to me, furious.

"What did he meant by 'cheating on your girlfriend?'"

"I don't know!" I lie. "They probably think I've got something with Laurel."

"You don't, right?"

I'm about to say something when Michael speaks up.

"Please. To begin with, I didn't know you had a girlfriend, Luke!" His jaw drops playfully and A glares at him. "And also, they first accused Luke and then suggested she was my girlfriend. They have no idea what they're talking about." He rolls his eyes.

Mikey, I love you.

A stares suspiciously at me and then looks away. I unlock my phone and send Laurel a message.

we need to talk

Probably she's not going to reply today since it's 11:00pm and she's got classes in the morning.