2.9

a/n: Is there any Australian readers over here? If so, cutiesss, I need your help! Read the end of the chapter ;)

*Luke's P.O.V*

I don't even need to tell you how pissed off Michael was when he saw A.

Well, at least they didn't kill each other.

I leave Michael's place after all the guests are gone, even though A refused to go without me.

"We've got a lot of things to talk about, Luke Hemmings." She starts inside my car, as I drive to her place. "Why the hell are there so many pictures of you and Laurel?"

"She was visiting, as you well know, and we hung out." I shrug.

"I don't like her."

"Nobody is asking you to."

Amanda sighs and crosses her arms, abruptly turning to face him from the passenger seat.

"You never listen to me, do you Luke? If you like her that much why m did you text me that day? Why didn't you simply let me live my life and forget about you?"

"I was hoping you could understand I've got friends!" I reply. "I thought you'd changed."

"She's not just a friend, we all know it. No wonder why your friends hate me so much, she probably filled their heads with shit about me."

"You didn't exactly make the very best of impressions." I roll my eyes. "To neither of them. And they first met you, when? Like, a year ago? I didn't even know Laurel back then. Don't blame her for your behavior."

"I've never harmed any of them, and they are never nice to me! But you know what? Screw it, they could all suck my ass." She curses, getting her phone.

I feel like exploding.

"That's exactly why they hate you." I clench my jaw. "And it was also one of the reasons why I broke up with you in the first place. You'll never change, will you, Amanda?"

"I don't want to change, Lukey. You used to like me the way I am, when I was in bed with you."

Amanda quickly places her hand on my thigh and gets to my belt.

Not this freaking time.

I grab her hand and harshly throw it on her own lap.

"Keep your hands to yourself. I'm not a toy!"

"And neither am I!" She yells at me. "You shouldn't have reached me that day since Laurel is just so fucking important to you!"

"The people who you are so disrespectful to convinced me to text you! They thought I'd be happier if I had you back and honestly? I thought it could be true. Now I see Laurel is everything you'll never be!"

Amanda grunts, scratching the insides of my car with her nails. I drive fast to get quickly to her house to drop her and get the fuck out of here.

"I don't take that as a bad thing, actually!" Amanda scoffs.

"Oh, but you should." I laugh sarcastically. "For starters, my friends like her. Being nice to others is a primordial accomplishment, it disappoints me knowing you can't do so."

Now in front of her house, I pull over and impatiently wait for her to open the door.

"You're gonna regret this, Luke." Her cold gaze locked on mine. "She's gonna fail you and you will come to me. But do you know what the saddest part is? I will always take you back, because that is what love is all about."