6.4

two worlds is ranked #11 in Fanfiction and I gained a bunch of followers out of nowhere and i don't get why but anyway THANK YOU! this book is all yours!!

*Laurel's P.O.V*
The two weeks Luke takes care of me are the best and the worst.

Wait, let me explain.

They are the best because it's good finally having him with me ever since I moved to San Fran; we decided to stay in the house until he goes back to LA since my apartment is too small.

Every night Luke drags me to the porch and plays different songs. He played Marianas Trench, The Neighborhood, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots, Bruno Mars and many more. There's this old Ed Sheeran song called Wake Me Up, he sang it to me one day and I felt it extremely personal between us, almost as much as Hey There Delilah.

Luke is even sweeter than usual, cooking all the time, watching movies and cuddling, taking tons of pictures of me at the worst timing...

However, that's the bad part. Why do I get the feeling that all of this is in order to smoothen something? We stop having actual conversations, he literally stopped talking to me. It's like his body is here but his mind is always somewhere else, and I can't help but wonder if that's where he actually wanted to be, too.

He sleeps by my side every night, and I know he wakes up to check on me. He changes the bands and cleans my wound, never complains.

I know you probably think I should be happy to death right now, and believe me I am, but this is too much. One of the reasons why I fell for Luke is that we could have deep and long conversations without even getting bored of each other, or we could simply sit down in silence and still enjoy each other's company. Now I feel like this that we have is vanishing or hiding itself behind something bigger that Luke refuses to tell me.

One night, when Luke thinks I am asleep, I hear him talking on the phone in the hall.

"I know. Don't come up with any ideas. You promised me you would help." He bossily says.

The other person talks for about two minutes and Luke puffs.

"Listen, you owe me more than you could imagine. All I want you to do is helping me get her rid of it all. She does not deserve this bullshit. I'll do what it takes. Haha, that's not a freaking option, for Christ's sake."

What?

"But this will wreck me! It will wreck us! That's what you want, isn't it? I don't care. I know it's my best shot... I'm not telling them, they would never agree. Ugh, I'll think about it. Bye"

Luke sneaks his head inside the room to make sure I'm still asleep, so I close my eyes. I hear him on his tiptoes coming back to bed, his thumb gently running over my cheek.

"You'll get so mad at me..." He whispers in the dark. "But this is for us, I promise you. I love you so goddamn much you have no idea."

I shiver at his words. Why will I get mad?

•••

"Luke, baby! Your cab!" I shout from downstairs.

Luke rushes down carrying his bag. He grabs an apple in the kitchen and then comes towards me, hugging me tight.

"I love you, please take care. If you need anything just call me, okay?"

"All right" I smile. "I love you too."

His lips find their way to mine more desperately than the first time. It's weird how kissing Luke always feels like a brand new sensation.

"One more thing" He says before stepping out of the house. "Avoid reading magazines... Paparazzi can be very mean. Remember the movie day? The pictures are still around. Don't waste your time on that, you know it's not worth it and it makes you feel bad."

"I won't" I nod. "They can be a pain in the ass. I wish we didn't have to deal with them..."

Luke looks away, clearing his throat.

"I'll call you when I get there."

I peck his lips once again.

"Have a safe flight!"

Jim arrives a couple hours later to help me move my stuff to my apartment. Even though I'm not limping and the wound is not bleeding anymore I can't carry any kind of weight yet.

"We are excited to have you back at UCSF. There's a whole bunch of exams to analyze and studies to make" Jim tells me.

"I'm looking forward to going tomorrow. I miss it." I admit, laying down on my bed.

"We should celebrate that you're fine! What about we go after work? Me, you and the crew?"

"That sounds a very good idea, I haven't gone out lately anyway"

Jim smiles and leaves me alone again, naturally.

When I check my phone, there are about 5 missing calls and four text messages. Two calls and one text are from Luke, the other ones...

Meg
Missing Call (3)

Meg: Laurel, I know you are still mad at me and honestly I had nothing to do with what you think I did. But anyway I just wanted to hear from you, I've heard about the accident and that you went to the hospital. I read that in a magazine! How are you? Please answer me.

Meg: You don't believe me, right? You still think I'm H

Meg: Anyway, I miss you. Please call me?

I roll my eyes. Can't believe she's still trying, even though I want to believe that she is really innocent. My thumb hovers over the button to call, but I sigh, giving up. I can't call her.

Another text.

Meg: Okay, I need to tell you something really important but it can't be through text. Can you please PLEASE call me?

Intrigues me. For real. But nothing she says now is gonna change my mind, I don't want to feel another backstab.

Throwing my phone on the bed I close my eyes, wondering what Luke could be talking about that night, and also, who he was talking to.

-----------
sorry I didn't update yesterday, but it was because I was tired to death and I was out the entire day! maybe a double update?

to the new readers, hi there! I hope you are enjoying reading this book as much as I enjoy writing it. I love reading comments and if you like the chapters, don't forget to vote and share!

stay beautiful, thank you so much for reading 💗 xo