5.8

to all the readers...

*Luke's P.O.V*
As we walk through the long aisle I feel my entire body shivering. I want to take Laurel away from here, bring her home and take care of her far, far, far from this depressing place.

The doctor stops in front of a wooden door, with a silver rectangle on top of it.

306 is the number of the room.

When he opens the door and steps inside the guy and I immediately follow him. The floor is incredibly white, there's a small couch, two chairs and a table. The terrorizing sound of the electrocardiograph fills the air, sending goosebumps through my spine. I turn my head to the right and catch sight of my girlfriend, my sweet girlfriend, laid down facing the ceiling, full of wires connecting her to the machine. She's asleep.

"The sedative effect is almost over, she's waking up soon" The doctor tells us. "I'll leave you two alone with the patient."

He passes by me, rubbing my shoulder.

"She is going to be fine. The worst is gone."

When the doctor leaves I slowly walk towards the bed, feeling the knot in my throat returning with total force. Carefully, I reach out her hand, wrapping my fingers around hers. With the other one I gently run my fingertips through the small cuts over her cheeks and forehead.

And I shed a tear.

"My love..." I sorrow.

The guy clears his throat and I angrily turn to him.

"Can't I have a minute alone with her, for God's sake?" I fire. He rolls his eyes.

"Ugh, whatever. I'm going out. Be back later." He gently touches Laurel's leg through the thin sheet and vanishes.

I drag one of the chairs next to her and sit down, not letting go of her hand. I rub the back of it with my thumb, resting my chin on the bed, feeling more tears forming in my eyes.

"On Valentine's Day I wasn't here, but I was writing a song, you know?" I tell Laurel, smiling sadly. "About you. I think it's going to be our next success. I can sing it to you when you wake up."

Laurel's eyes remain shut, her lips forming a straight line. Even all bruised and injured like she is now, she's still so beautiful...

"I wish I could be here more often, baby, I really do" I say, thinking about everything the guy has said.

By the minute I saw her and the doctor assured me she was going to be fine, I felt relieved enough to be sleepy. Paying attention to Laurel's quiet breathing, I end up falling asleep by her side.

I'm in a room, there's a guitar. And for some reason I'm smashing it like I hated it more than anything. And suddenly I feel someone petting my head... what the fuck?