8.1

January 20th
*Laurel's P.O.V*

"Meg!" I smile when I spot her. She drops her suitcases and opens her arms so she can hug me. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too, darling" She kisses my cheek.

I've always looked at her as a crazy older sister.

"How was your flight?"

"Considering it was Delta... not that bad" She chuckles. Megan absolutely hates Delta Airlines.

"Hi Megan" Riley beams, taking one of her bags. "I hope you feel comfortable at our apartment"

"Don't worry, Riley, it's all good. I can't believe I finally graduated!"

"And we are most definitely going out to celebrate that" I nudge her. "I'm really close as well, I think six more months."

Riley and I bought ourselves a Toyota for Christmas. It's honestly so good not having to take tram, cab or bus to go wherever we want to. We tug Megan's bags into the trunk and I drive us back to Diamond Heights. During the journey Megan won't shut up about applying for job offers in California, specially in Los Angeles.

"You know that living there has always been my dream, Laurel" She turns to me and I nod, smiling. "I'm so excited! Of course, I would love to have a job here in San Fran as well, but LA is my priority"

When we get home I take Megan to my room, which now we both are going to share for the month she's staying with us. She goes take a shower while Riley and I cook something for lunch.

I truly suck at cooking, to be honest, but Riley has a true talent. Actually now I kind of remember someone just like her on Junior Masterchef.

We are on the table eating in silence when Megan speaks out.

"Laurel, I completely forgot to tell you! Guess who played in Charlotte last month?"

"I'm sure it wasn't Acadaca" I reply, giggling at the sound of the word I learned in Australia.

"That's a very funny way to say it, but no. I've heard ACDC won't perform anymore, but that's another tale. Anyway, it was 5sos"

"Oh" I raise my eyebrows, uncomfortable. "Cool. Did you, did you attend to the concert?"

"Nah, I couldn't. Finals week. But I've heard everything about it. There was this guy in college who did and he said they played the songs of the new album and others from previous ones. He also mentioned that they made a cover of Beautiful Goodbye by Maroon 5."

I choke. Beautiful Goodbye? It reminds me so many things.

"Cool" I respond again, taking a sip from my water.

Megan glances at Riley and she clears her throat.

"Since we're talking about them, I've heard that they also covered in New York. A song called Hey There Delilah"

I stare suspiciously at them and they are looking back at me in expectation.

"I'm sorry, am I missing something in here?"

"Are you?" Megan shrugs. "The guy who went to their show in Charlotte also mentioned that Luke said something about good memories he's got from the last time the boys performed there"

"You guys can't be serious right now" I massage my temples. "It's been half a year since Luke and I broke up, I've been moving on"

"Did you at least consider trying to solve this with him? Because I think he wants to talk with you" comments Riley.