Drinking- chapter 19

Alex's pov

I parked my car, leaving the keys under the car mat, so I wouldn't lose them. It didn't matter anymore because I wasn't planning to leave from here anytime soon. I saw it was 2pm. I walked into the bar.

It was empty just like I expected. I went up and sat on the chairs. "Hi what would you like today" a over preppy red head said.

"Can I please have a bottle of crown royal" I said losing patience, just wanting to get drunk.

"Okay" she said unsure. I'm surprised she didn't ask for my id.

"Wait, are you okay" she questioned leaning against the counter.

"Well my parents just died, and I'm really confused about everything" I said sighing.

"Oh" was all she replied. I was in fact glad she didn't say sorry for your loss, it got annoying that people were showing me pity.

"Here take this bottle of vodka, it's all on the house" she said sliding me a bottle.

"Thanks" I said as I opened the cap and chugged the bottle. I stopped halfway coughing a bit. My throat burning, the familiar burn at the back of my throat. I contuined to chug the rest of the bottle, slamming it down on the counter as I finished

I still didn't feel drunk. I ordered a few glasses of beer. The red headed girl said I didn't have to pay since it was all on the house.

I got tired of drinking, so I decided to head home. Yeah I know drinking and driving is illegal but, I don't care. I was pissed at the moment, thinking about how my parents didn't care about me.

---

I actually managed to drive back to the dorms without crashing. All that alcohol was finally hitting me. I decided to not go upstairs, so I went and sat on the bench. I looked at the ground, taking a deep breath.

After about 1 hour of just sitting on the bench I headed upstairs. I stumbled a bit while I tried opening the door.

"Where were you, I was looking for you" I heard Niall say once I walked in.

"It's broad daylight out there" I said pointing to the window.

"It's fucking 8 o clock" Niall yelled. It's really been that long, wow.

"Well I'm old enough to take care of myself, so stop" I yelled back at him. He's not the boss of my decisions.

"Wait are you drunk"

"Why does it matter" I questioned crossing my arms over my chest.

"Just answer the damn question" Niall said trying to not raise his tone.

"Yes I am" I said rolling my eyes.

"And you drove here" Niall said scoffing.

"Yup"

"Why the hell are you doing this. What compelled you to get drunk and drive. You know how fucking dangerous that is" Niall said squeezing my shoulders.

I pushed Niall away. "STOP YOU'RE HURTING ME".

"JUST GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME OKAY, LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE. DONT TALK TO ME" I yelled wanting to be left alone.