Chapter 17

I couldn’t stop the tears of joy that were running down my face. Ky was here, he was actually here and in my arms. “I don’t understand, what…what are you doing here?” I questioned.

            “Well…. You see… When I told you that I couldn’t Skype you for the next month that was because I’m in the States for the next month! Surprise!” he shouted. Another wave of tears started falling down my cheeks. Ky gently wiped his thumb under my eye and gave me his big goofy signature smile. I know it had only been a couple of months since I had seen him, but I had missed him so much.

            “So that means you’re going to be here for Christmas?” I questioned.

            “Yup, but I have to leave on the 28th. Also since I got such a long break for Christmas, I won’t be able to come home when the baby is born. I tried to get it to work out that way but they just couldn’t let me come home at that time.” He responded.

            I reached up and cupped his cheek in my hand. It was so good to see him. I couldn’t believe he was actually here in the flesh. Ky was mine for the next month and I was going to spend every single minute with him.

            In all the excitement I had forgotten that my parents were in fact here. I turned to introduce them to Ky but they were no where in sight. “They knew I was coming. I’ve been Skyping your mom for the last week. We set all this up and this is actually a dinner just for me and you.” Ky whispered into my ear.

            I turned and planted my lips on his in what turned out to be a passionate kiss. “Have I ever told you how perfect you are?” I said my lips brushing against the stubble on his chin.

            “No, but please do inform Me.” he winked.

            “Ky Evans you are the most amazing man I have ever met in my life. I’m glad that I can not only call you mine, but I can also call you the father of this wonderful miracle that is growing inside me.”

            Ky didn’t say anything after that he just pulled me into his arms and held me tight. He didn’t have to say anything for me to know that I had just touched his heart. This is what makes life worth living, knowing that you have someone who wants to be with you for the rest of their life.

            I looked up into Ky’s big eyes and noticed unshed tears. I reached up and ran my thumb under his eyelid and gave him a reassuring smile. “Welcome home babe.” I whispered.

            Ky gave me another big smile, “Shall we feed that hungry little baby.” He said reaching down to touch my stomach. In that moment I didn’t think Ky could make me feel any happier. Just the simple jester of him reaching down and planting his hand on my small bump, and acknowledging that there was a small life growing inside was enough to make me the happiest woman on the earth.

I KNOW IT'S NOT  VERY LONG, BUT THIS IS ALL I HAVE TIME FOR GUYS. I'M SUPER SORRY THAT I CAN'T GIVE YOU MORE SEEING AS I'VE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO UPLOAD ABOUT ONCE A MONTH BUT I JUST DON'T HAVE ANY TIME IN MY SCHEDULE. I'LL TRY TO UPLOAD AGAIN ON SATURDAY. BUT I CAN'T PROMISE YOU THAT.