Chapter 8

This Chapter has been edited by NotebookNinja.

Chapter 8

I was cuddled up next to Ky with my heart beating at a million miles an hour. I couldn't help but be nervous at the thought of spending the night with him. I hadn't said anything in over an hour, whilst Ky just silently stroked his fingers through my hair, watching me. I had my head in the crook of his neck so that he couldn't see the nervousness on my face.

I didn't know why I was so anxious. It was just Ky. He was my everything, even though I still wasn't admitting that I loved him, I knew deep down that I did. I just couldn't fight through my stubbornness to say it already. I knew he was dying to hear it, he had already told me that he wouldn't be the first to admit it. He had said he was too afraid of scaring me away and losing me, so he would wait until I told him. I knew he was in love with me, he had hinted at it the last couple of days, but still my stubbornness wouldn't see it through. I just couldn't fathom falling in love with a guy I had been with for little over a week. In my mind it just wasn't possible.

"Are we just going to sit here all night and not talk?" he asked. I still didn't reply. He waited a couple of minutes before speaking again. "Nat, what's wrong? You haven't said anything since you got off the phone with Lara. I keep thinking it's something I did. I've racked my brain for the last hour and I seriously can't find anything. So could you just enlighten me as to what I did wrong so I can start apologizing?" he asked, pulling my chin up so that he could look into my eyes.

I finally found my voice.

"It’s not you, Ky, you've been nothing but a gentleman tonight, I'm just nervous about sleeping in the same bed as you. I know it's silly, but…you're very intimidating to me," I admitted, burying my face into the crook of his neck once more so he couldn't see me blushing.

Ky grabbed my chin again, locking my eyes under his intense grey stare.

"Why am I intimidating, Nat? I swear we’ll only do what you want, and if you want me to sleep on the couch, I will. I don't want you to feel pressured into sleeping in the same bed as me when you don't have to. I'm more than happy to sleep on the couch if it makes you feel more comfortable." There was so much sincerity in his eyes, I felt my heart squeeze.

"I don't want you to sleep on the couch, I want you right here with me," I told him. "It's just that I'm nervous, that's all."

"Nat, I'm serious when I say I'm not going to do anything unless you want me to. You're too important to me, I wouldn’t even try to mess this up," Ky said while leaning down and kissing me on the forehead.

I knew he was telling the truth. Ky would never pressure me into doing anything that made me uncomfortable. He was too much of a gentleman. I seriously didn't know how he was going to go to war, because I couldn't see him harming a fly.

Moving my arm, I propped myself up so I was on the same level as him.

"I trust you Ky, I know you would never hurt me," I said.

Before he could even reply to my comment, I crushed my lips against his. The nervousness from beforehand vanished with just the simple touch of his lips. I dropped my head back down on to the pillow, but not before I grabbed his head so he would come with me.

Ky licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance to my mouth and I didn’t hesitate to give it to him. As our tongues finally met, tingles shot through my entire body. It was pure bliss. I didn’t want to give it up for anything. Ky's hand's snaked down to my hips as he played with the hem of my shirt. They rested there for a moment, checking to see if I would stop him, and when he realized I wasn't going to he ran his hand under my shirt, drawing circles around my belly button.