Chapter 3 : Shut up

She wanted to rip her heart out and put them in a drawer, seal it along with the memories. Shut it out as it speaks too much.

-xxx-

When they got back into the practice studio. Taylor noticed that the backpack wasn't in the plastic chair anymore and Karlie's nowhere to be found as well.

She just noticed it. That doesn't mean that she's looking for her, okay?

It's weird that she didn't even leave a note to say goodbye or to say why she left.

Where the is she? Is she oka--

What the hell are you thinking, Taylor?

"Sean?" Taylor walked over to the bassist, knowing that they've exchanged numbers during the elevator ride.

"Yep?" He turned around to face her after setting up his instrument with a huge smile on his face.

"You have Karlie's number right? Can you call her and ask her where is she? Her things aren't here." She said nonchalantly, hiding the concern in her voice.

"Oh alright. Hold on." Sean sets his bass down on the rack and pulled his phone out from his pocket to call Karlie.

Sean tapped his foot against the floor and shoved one of his hand into his pocket as Taylor waited patiently to know Karlie's whereabouts.

Its not that she's concerned. She's her liability. If something happens to Karlie, it's going to be her fault isn't it? Right?

Sean turned around and shook his head as he sighed, "she's not answering her phone."

"Call her ag-"

"I'm back!"

Karlie's familiar cheerful voice echoed throughout the practice room as the doors flutter open.

"Just in time! Ms.Taylor was looking for you!" Sean chirped lively as he looked at Karlie, who's eyes were a bit widened upon hearing the words that has just fell on his lips.

Fuck you, Sean.

She wanted to say 'I wasn't' but before those words could even fall from her mouth, her cheerful voice echoed throughout the room again as she puts her bag down on the plastic chair. 

"Really?!"

When her green-eyes met her blue orbs, Karlie's signature smile crept across her lips, it was bigger than ever. There's even a hint of smugness in it, that made her roll her eyes as she looked away from her and didn't say a single word.

Assuming. 

While everyone's setting up their instruments, Taylor leaned her back against the wall by the window. Holding and looking down at her phone, messaging her best friend, Selena, and telling her how Karlie's messing up her day. 

'Selena, I swear she's trying to get into my life again. It hasn't even been 24 hours and she's all over everything again.'