Chapter 15: Monster

"Monsters doesn't go away unless dealt with."

-xxx-

It was a calm, sunny morning when the princess strolled with her hand-in-hand. The gentle calming breeze fanned lightly against their skin as she closed her eyes and tilted her head, with a smile plastered on her face.

They walked in silence for what seems to be a mile, and came into a halt when they heard the sound of waves near-by. The soft gentle sound rang in their ears, calming them and luring them to closer.

The green-eyed girl smiled at her and squeezed her hand lightly as she pointed at the direction to which the sound was heard. There were no words needed as she returned the smile and gave her a nod.

They walked closer to each other, causing her heart to thump erratically inside her chest. She felt closer and more comfortable with her than ever before. And as she looked at their entwined hands, she felt something sparked deep within her.

It was an awfully familiar feeling, that she had tried to bury along with her memories; when she locked herself up inside her castle. An awfully familiar magical feeling that she's now holding on to as if her dear life depended on it. 

When they reached the beach, they lay down on the warm sand and watched the clouds floating slowly across the sky. Bodies basked in the warmth of the sun; they closed their eyes and listened intently to the calming sound of the waves rolling slowly into the shore.

Slowly falling asleep, they held onto each other's hand, whispering their heart's desires as they finally drifted off to sleep.

- - - -

Taylor woke up to the bright sunlight streaming through the curtains. Eyes still closed, she could feel a warm breath brushing over her neck and arms wrapped around her waist. She slowly shifted her position ever so carefully, not wanting to wake her up.

"mmhh," Karlie groaned.

Taylor held her breath when she moved. Karlie's embrace tightened as she buried her head on Taylor's chest like a child. She doesn't know whether heavens intentionally planned to wake her up feeling the ever so familiar sparks that sends tingling sensations throughout her body or just plainly planning of melting her first thing in the morning. She doesn't know if she'd want to stay this way or she'd get off her embrace and slip out of bed.

Why is the indecision so real whenever she's around with this Green-eyed sunshiney giraffe!?

Darn this, why does she even have to face a tough decision first thing in the morning!?

Taylor took a deep breath and sighed before carefully trying to wiggle her way out of Karlie's embrace, to her surprise however, Karlie held her tighter and murmured something unintelligible against her chest. She heard Karlie sniffle after as she clutched onto the fabric of Taylor's clothes tightly while hugging her.

"Stay." was the only word that Karlie had murmured clearly. She doesn't know why those words made her heart clench. Hearing that word said in a way where hurt and longing could be traced was painful to hear. Hearing Karlie saying that made her wonder what she's keeping inside, it made her wonder what she's dreaming. It made her wonder how she could hide all of such emotions with a genuine smile.

In a heartbeat, Taylor instinctively wrapped her arms around Karlie's waist as she rests her chin on top of Karlie's head. Breathing in Karlie's scent, it has an immediate calming effect on her that made her drift off to sleep easier for the second time around.

She doesn't care whether Karlie would catch her arms being wrapped around her waist nor her arms would feel like hell when she wakes up. Karlie need this hug and that's all that matters to her as of now.