Chapter 16 : Lighter

The princess slowly opened her eyes as the gentle and caressing rain began to fall

The princess slowly opened her eyes as the gentle and caressing rain began to fall. The clouds were gray and the waves began to sound harsh as it hits the shore.

Droplets of water continuously pelts gingerly against her skin as she sat up and shook the green-eyed girl, calling her name out softly to wake her up from her slumber

The green-eyed girl started to slowly open her eyes as she sat up and tilted her head back to gaze at the dark gray sky. The princess grabbed her wrist and urged her that they must go, but instead, she sat still and smiled at the princess. She shook her head gingerly and pulled her wrist from the princess' hold, causing the princess to shot her a questioning look. The green-eyed girl sighed and scooted closer to the princess. She grabbed her hand and squeezed it lightly as she tilted her head back again and closed her eyes, welcoming the soft rain as she uttered, "There'd always be clear open skies after every storm. Let's stay. I want to see it with you."

After a moment of internal deliberation, the princess nodded her head and enjoyed the gentle, caressing rain as they watched the sky, with their hands entwined.

- - - -

"Tell me what's running inside your head, I want to help you. I'm here Taylor. I'm here." Karlie whispered softly against her hair. Her lips were stubborn; as they remained shut even though her heart wanted to let all of her frustrations and hurt out. She couldn't say it. She wasn't ready to open up about it. Not yet. Not now...

When?

She doesn't know.

"Tell me," Karlie spoke in the same soft comforting voice with a hint of desperation of wanting to know what's making Taylor act like that."What happened?"

She buried her head onto Karlie's chest and continuously wept.

Pathetic, Taylor. Pathetic. Taylor mentally told herself. She couldn't control herself. She wanted to stop herself from crying, from feeling this way but she couldn't. No matter how hard she tried to stop crying, tears just kept on falling from her eyes.

She felt Karlie heaved a small sigh before tightening her embrace around her.

"It's okay, if you don't want to talk about it right now, but I just want you to know, I'll always be here. I'm always ready to listen." Karlie cooed. Taylor could feel the vibrations of Karlie's soft voice through her chest as well as Karlie's fingers running through her hair as the green-eyed girl continues to comfort her.
The line was awfully familiar to her heart; she was so sure Karlie knew it came out of her lips. Those were the exact words that she has told Karlie more than a year ago - when Karlie rushed into her apartment two nights after saying yes to Harry's question: 'Will you be my girlfriend?'