Chapter 21: Annoyed

Taylor woke up in the middle of the night as she felt the cold air coming from the room's window stung her skin.

Snuggling closer to Karlie's warmth, she carefully opens her eyes and saw Karlie's sleeping face an inch closer to hers. A blush crept on her cheeks as she became aware of how much their positions has changed before they slept. Aside from her once buried head now an inch closer to her girlfriend's face, their limbs were now intertwined and Karlie's arms were now encasing her in a tight embrace as well. Taylor always wished that time could stand still and moments like these would last forever - moments where her heart is calm and contented, moments where she has nothing in mind aside from the girl she's tangled with and adores the most.

Bodies bathing in the silvery moonlight, she carefully studies Karlie's face and couldn't help but to notice a certain radiant glow about her today. The small smile of content that Karlie's wearing as she sleeps tells her how happy she truly is, and Taylor somehow, finds it oddly satisfying that even just by looking at her, she felt nothing but a sense of serene bliss.

Taylor's eyes were locked on Karlie's face as she continued to scan and study it's features as if she's to etch them in her mind permanently. However, when her gaze found on Karlie's lips. She felt her heart race as her body tingles from the vivid memory of their perfect kiss. Taylor held her gaze on Karlie's lips as she brought her hand up ever so carefully to touch her lips, remembering the softness and the warmth of Karlie's lips against her own as they move in a soft and confident exploration. She hasn't been kissed like that ever before, the kiss was different from all of the kisses that she had in her life. The kiss was undoubtedly magical. It was such kiss that has stolen not only her breath but so as her senses. She was mindless under the spell of Karlie's kisses that it made her care about nothing but to feel and savor every moment of their lips moving perfectly against each other.

She felt blood creeping onto her cheeks, giving them a renewed warmth with the thoughts in mind. She stared longingly at Karlie's lips as she draws her face closer, tempted to claim them once more.

A small sleepy smirk broke across Karlie's face as she mumbled, "If you're going to kiss me, do it." sleepily. Taylor pulled slightly away from her as fast as she could while trying to mask the surprised expression on her face by throwing Karlie a disgusted look, which earned her a soft sleepy chuckle from the green-eyed girl. When her laughter subsided, Karlie slowly opened her eyes and closed the smallest of gap that Taylor has created between them. Taylor could feel her heart drumming inside of her chest as Karlie traced her lips and held her gaze intensely into her eyes.

"I dreamt of something," Karlie started as her gaze drop down on Taylor's lips. She brushed her thumb lightly against her bottom lip as she flashed a lopsided smile. "I dreamt that. . . Everyone knows about us and almost everyone accepted us as a couple. Your dad and you were finally okay, and he likes me! We lived peacefully too, since we built our house on top of a hill so no one could bother us. We were married and we had a lot of mini Taylor's and mini me's running around the house. . ."

Taylor's cheeks flamed upon hearing those words and feeling Karlie's breath caressing her lips as Karlie leaned closer to her.

"Tay. . . I want to live that dream, does it sound weird?" Their lips were millimeters apart that she could slightly feel every movement of Karlie's lips against hers as she speaks.

"It doesn't," She replied shyly as she looked into Karlie's eyes. "I'd love to live in that dream too. But..."

"But what?"

"Don't you think it's too early for us to talk about marriage and kids when we have 99 problems on our plate?"

Karlie pulled slightly away as closed her eyes and let out a small sigh of relief. "I thought. . . You're going to say something bad. I got nervous there for a second. . ." As she slowly opens her eyes, beamed at Taylor and asked, "We'll make it come true right?" Although the question was delivered nonchalantly, it was evident that her seemingly innocent question was tarnished with a certain depth of uncertainty. It was the first time she has heard the optimist to be skeptic of her own words and it was scary to think about the things that made her doubt her own light.