Chapter 11 : Almost

Her smile is magic, one little taste and you're addicted

-xxx-

"One more fun performance and after that, a week break. Everything will be okay!" Taylor thought trying to think positively as she made her way to the backstage, where everyone's already busy preparing for the concert before her week off.

Taylor took a deep breath in and out, readying herself to face 20,000 people, including her family at the VIP section. She doesn't normally do this but today? She found herself with the need to get her shit together. She felt anxious, nervous, even scared. She's scared that the people who bullied her when she was in grade school might be out there in the crowd. She knew that she should face them with that radiating confident aura telling them, "This is who I am now.", but every time she'd remember something from that specific dark past - her confidence level goes down and her heart felt like it's being constricted. She's still holding bitterness, anger and hurt. Those were some of the things that she has kept with her over the years, and those emotions were also the main reason as to why she has the fear of stepping out of her comfort zone.

She always believed in the quote, "History repeats itself." and to prevent that from happening the only thing that she could do is to control the things around her, and she couldn't do that if she steps out of her zone.

"Your hands are trembling," A familiar voice remarked, she looked over her shoulder and saw Karlie standing behind her, cracking a smile.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing," She replied, pretending to be alright. "Just... Excited."

Karlie shot her a questioning look, she knew that Karlie could see right through her. She has been always the first one who'd comfort her when she needed someone before even when she hasn't said a thing yet. Karlie knows her well, maybe even a little more than she knows herself.

"Really? The way you act speaks other--"

"Karlie!"

Sean and the rest of the band walked in. He wrapped his arm around Karlie's shoulder like he's her best best friend in the whole world. Taylor couldn't help but to feel a tinge of jealousy, after all, this guy likes her 'gir--' Karlie.

Her Karlie? What is she even thinking!?

Gahd, why does she look good with everyone?

"We have to get ready," Sean said, smiling. "Let's go."

She watched Karlie walk away with the band towards the stage, half-way through, Karlie looked over her shoulder, giving Taylor a familiar look of 'let's talk about what's bothering you later.' before mouthing the words, "Good luck!" with a smile on her face.

That simple warm smile and that good luck somehow made her feel better, not thoroughly but better. Taylor closed her eyes as she calls out to every saint, every cosmic God somewhere in the universe -that may the anxiousness that she's feeling won't ruin everything in the concert today.