Chapter 3

A/N: This part may be a bit short, but it was a decent cutoff in my document, so bear with me. 

    I leave the village behind without being stopped by the guards that are now stationed in their posts. Honestly I hadn't planned on going to Suna so immediately after coming to Konoha, but I don't think I can handle seeing Shikamaru right now. I didn't expect or want him to wait for me while I went travelling, but I certainly hadn't expected what I saw. He never seemed to be into wanting to date anyone, so I figured he'd still be that way. I guess not. Atleast they're happy. That's all I want for him. I'll just bother Gaara-kun for a little while, torment Kankuro while I'm at it. I missed Suna after all, it's so pretty out there. The sunsets look like fire. I sidestep a senbon sailing toward me and watch as it embeds in the tree behind me. I duck the foot coming toward my face and grab onto it, tossing the person behind me. Something nicks my arm and I hiss at the sting. I swivel to face the man as he stands and finally notice the tall scythe in his hand. He swings it at me and I drop into a spin, trying to sweep his feet. He jumps it and grabs my ankle, flipping me backward.
"Who do you think you are?" I growl, circling the dark haired man.
If he hadn't just attacked me without reason, I'd consider him attractive. He's tall, slender with just the right amount of muscle, dark hair, lightly tanned skin... Earth to Kaida, now is not the time.
"Seems a little kitten lost her way, where are you going?" His voice is smooth....
Stop it Kaida! Focus! "I'm not a kitten. Who are you and why did you attack me?"
I ask, watching intently as he circles me.
"It seemed like fun. I wanted to play with the kitten." A smirk crosses his face as he puts his hand under my chin, lifting it until my gaze meets his.
"I'm neither a kitten nor a toy, now shove off before I slit your pretty little throat." I hiss.
"Vicious little kitten aren't you? I assume you're more hiss than bite. So, that leaves the question: who is going to stop me?"
I move to raise my hand to knock him back, but a large sword cuts through him, almost cutting him fully in half. As the body slumps to the forest floor, I look up to find the sword's owner standing behind where the man stood. I smile and jump into my 'savior's' arms.
"Hello Little One." He says, rubbing the top of my head with his hand.
"Hey there Sharkie, long time no see. You killed my toy." I pout, looking at the twitching corpse below me.
Kisame sets me down out of the blood puddle and leans against a tree.
"He was getting on my nerves. So what have you been up to?"
"Little of this, little of that. Travelling, dying, learning new things, pretty much it."
"Did you ever get with that dork?"
I guess he sees my face change and asks what 'the brat' did and if he can kill him.
"No, don't kill him. I wasn't able to visit Konoha while I was gone, and he moved on without me. I'm fine I didn't expect any different. Oh, I found out who my father is... I wish I'd never learned." I shiver at the thought. "So, how's Itachi?"
His face drops and his eyes avoid my gaze. Oh...
"Who killed him?" I ask quietly.
"His eyes did it really, he succumbed to the disease, but Sasuke defeated him first, like he'd wanted."
"I knew it would happen, I just didn't expect it so soon. Atleast he died happy."
"So, who's your father?"
"Uhm..." I pull his shoulder down so I can whisper in his ear.
"Oh, that's unfortunate. So were you just-"
"Yeah, I was. Oh well, I survived it, sort of. I only died twice in the process of figuring it out."
"So, you're immortal?"
"In a way. I do die, but I come back within an hour depending on how I'm killed. My eyes change color each time I come back. Pretty cool, huh? I'm headed to Suna, where are you going?"
"Back to base. Get going Little One, it'll be dark soon. I'll find you another time. Stay safe."
He hugs me and heads off to the north. That's definitely not where I remember base to be. They must've relocated. I sigh and continue on to Suna, leaving the man's body behind.