Chapter 31

The months fly by, occupied by physical training and wedding planning. Gaara however got to skip most of the horror of wedding planning because of his duties as Kazekage. I will tell you one thing, there is no difference between 'white' and 'bright white'. Those colors will haunt me in my nightmares. On the bright side, tomorrow is our wedding day. The whole village gets to see it because of who he is, and our friends and a few other people will be here from Konoha as well. If there were any other options, Gaara and I would've made it a small wedding with just close friends and family. Speaking of close friends, Ino and Temari arrived two days early and have kidnapped me for the night, something about bad luck. They've practically talked nonstop about the wedding and how they wished they could've helped me plan it but I shrug it aside, though I agree. I could've shoved it all off on the two of them and not worried about it but then who knows how the wedding would've turned out? I don't even know how their own weddings turned out. I'm fairly certain that's a good thing. Ino has wrestled me into a chair and the two are now testing makeup and hairstyles on me. I did not go willingly of course, but she caught me off guard with the mind control... and ropes make it hard to move sometimes.
"I hope you two realize that you won't be attending the wedding tomorrow." I growl as I wiggle around under the ropes.
"Why not?" Ino asks.
"You'll both be dead. It's only fair you know. I was dead when you two got married, why can't I return the favor?"
Temari pauses in applying eyeshadow on my eyelids and I smirk.
"Uhm, in our defense-" She cuts off to look up at Ino.
"Don't look at me, I have no excuses."
Once they're done torturing me with makeovers, they untie me and I flee to the bathroom to shower. The things I do for those girls...
I wake up in the morning, before I'm willing to try to function mind you, to the girls jumping on my bed and cheering about the wedding. I scowl and grab an ankle on each girl and pull them causing the two to fall. I growl in annoyance as their shrieks pierce my ears. The girls are on the floor and I think I'm home free to go back to sleep, but they stand back up and pull me out of the bed and onto the floor. I ask them when they thought it'd be okay to do this and they remind me that I'm getting married in three hours. My eyes widen and I let out a string of curses. I forgot that I'm getting married. I'm getting married... to Gaara... the Kazekage... I'm just me, a mess up, a failure as a ninja, a me... I can't do this.
"I can't do this..." I mutter, burying my face in my hands.
My body is starting to tingle and I can't seem to catch my breath. I feel myself start to cry and I'm gasping for air while shaking. Temari and Ino are instantly hugging me and reassuring me that it'll all be fine and that I'll be happy when I'm married to him and that it's only nerves.
"I-I'm a f-failure as a ninja... He's the Kazekage... I'm a mess up, he-he deserves better."
"You're the better that he deserves. You're his world Kaida and you're all he wants." Temari says soothingly.
"B-But he needs better." I wail.
"Kaida, I'm going to ask you a few questions. Do you love Gaara?"
"Yes."
"Do you think he loves you?"
"Y-Yes."
"Do you want to marry him? Other thoughts aside."
"Yes."
"Do you want to be with him forever?"
"Yes."
"Do you want to have his babies?" Ino cuts in.
We both shoot a look in her direction and she shrugs. "It was just a question, besides it got her to smile."
It really did get me to smile a bit.
"Anyway... If your answer to all of those is yes, why not get married?"
"Alright, let's do it! Believe it!"
"You sound like Naruto!"
I hear shouting outside the hotel and peek out the window to see Naruto being chased by Sakura.
"Well, Naruto's here. How does that happen every time you say that?"
Ino shrugs and they haul me to my feet to take a shower. Once I'm out of the shower with a towel wrapped around me, they sit me down in front of the mirror where Temari uses a jutsu to blow my hair dry. If I still had chakra usage, I'd learn it from her because my hair takes hours to dry. Ino starts to mess with my hair while Ino brings me something to eat and coffee. I refused to let her touch my make up if she wouldn't let me eat first.