Chapter 25

A/N: This part is in Gaara's point of view. :3

  When I return to the apartment the door is locked so I have my sand slide under the door to unlock it. The apartment is silent, causing me to walk to the bedroom to investigate. She hardly ever sleeps this late, but it wouldn't be impossible. The bedroom and bathroom are both empty, but a piece of paper is taped to the mirror telling me that she'll come back soon. She must've gone to see Shikamaru or Ino. In the meantime, I'll just make lunch for us. The sun sets a few hours later and she still hasn't returned. My mind immediately runs through different scenarios, each of them worse than the previous. I leave the apartment and rush over to Temari's, thinking it'd be likely the first place she'd be. Temari tells me that they hadn't seen her at all and my heart sinks, especially when I realize that Ino and Sai are over and haven't seen her either. Shikamaru and Sai agree to help me look for her while the girls stay behind to watch the boys. I turn to Shikamaru for help, since I don't know the village very well or where she hung out when she lived here.
"Sai, go ask around town about her, try the ramen shop first because she loved that place. Let us know if you hear anything. There's a field to the right full of flowers where we used to watch the clouds, go check there. I'll check the pond in the woods. Meet back here in ten minutes whether you find her or not."
We all part ways and I tell myself that if we find her easily I will be torn between wanting to hold her and never let go or to yell at her for being stupid, though the latter is highly unlikely. I follow Shikamaru's directions and come across the field in question. I use the sand to elevate me enough to see the field better but don't find any sign of her. I sigh and head back to their house to wait. Shikamaru returns a minute later and shakes his head. While we wait for Sai, he tries to think of any other places she could be. Sai comes back and tells us that Kaida had gone to see Sakura for something then left, but Sakura wouldn't tell what it was she'd wanted. She said after Kaida left she hadn't seen her since. No one had. I turn to Shikamaru again and he tells us our best bet is to keep watch from the rooftops for her, then ask around more to see if anyone caught even just a glimpse of her, then meet back in twenty minutes. We separate again and begin our searches, Sai going through the streets themselves asking the villagers while Shikamaru and I move from rooftop to rooftop. I stop by the apartment again to make sure she hadn't come back before continuing on. I hope nothing bad happened to her. Ten minutes pass with no sign of her until Shikamaru motions for us to regroup.
"It's a long shot, but the only other place I could think of is the Uchiha compound, but she hadn't stepped foot inside it since she left when she was six."
"It's worth it to look. It's dark out and getting ready to storm." I tell him and I can hear the worry creeping into my voice.

A/N: I love Pentatonix <3