f i v e

"What if a foreign kid told you, "I love you, Mafumafu-san," and they're trying to convey their feelings, don't you think it's super cute?" - Soraru ;; episode 8

~~~~~

The next day, Soraru woke up earlier and checked on Mafu. His temperature was still high, so he headed to the kitchen and prepare the ramen he made yesterday.

He went to his room, holding a tray, and saw Mafu awake.

Mafu looked up at Soraru and muttered a, "good morning," while rubbing his eyes. Soraru just nodded in response and sat beside Mafu.

I... I fell asleep? T-that's sort of e-embarrassing, Mafu thought.

"Eat," Soraru told Mafu as he handed the bowl of ramen that Soraru prepared.

"B-but..." Mafu mumbled.

"Not unless you want me to feed you?" Soraru asked. I... have to be straightforward so he can be cured quickly... and so he can... leave.

"I-it's-"

"Say 'ahh'."

As Soraru attempted to feed Mafu, as his face started to redden. "W-wait... S-Soraru-san..." Mafu hesitated as he moved away. "So-Soraru-san... just wait... S-Soraru-san, w-"

Suddenly, Mafu felt the spoon in his mouth. "Do you like it?"

Mafu looked at Soraru, who's face was as pretty much red. Mafu slowly nodded as he looked away. Without realizing, Mafu's face was also red.

"Y-you know..." Soraru mumbled as he looked down. "Y-you seem... very r-red..."

"Eh?" Mafu said quietly as he looked at Soraru.

"You're... red..." Soraru repeated as he placed the bowl on top of the table and cupped Mafu's cheeks. "It's... it's... w-warm..."

Mafu blushed even harder.

W-wait... WHAT AM I DOING?! I LET MY GUARD DOWN! NOOOO!, Soraru suddenly thought as he found himself cupping Mafu's cheeks. "I... I'm sorry," Soraru said as he let go; blushing.

Soraru stood and took the tray to the kitchen as he brought a glass of water to his room, for Mafu.

"Here," Soraru said as he gave Mafu the glass.

"Th-thanks..."

"I'll be taking a hot bath now," Soraru said as he took his towel. "You can't take a shower since you're sick, but you can like... wash your face and stuff after, okay?"

"O-okay..."

Soraru headed to the bathroom and showered as Mafu continued eating the ramen that Soraru left. I-is he really... kind?, Mafu thought as he blushed. O-or h-he's just being... k-kind now because... I-I'm sick?

Mafu shook his head as he took the empty bowl and glass to the kitchen.

His house... it's pretty huge, Mafu thought.

As Mafu headed back to the room, Soraru went out of the bathroom and saw Mafu walking in the corridor. "What... are you doing?" Soraru asked.

"I... I... I just returned... the bowl and the... glass," Mafu hesitated.

"Go do your business now," Soraru said as he entered the room.

Mafu went inside the bathroom and cleaned himself up. But as he finished washing his face, he realized that he has no extra clothes. Mafu went out and knocked on Soraru's room.

"Soraru-san...?"

"What is it?"

"I... I have no extra clothes," Mafu replied as his face slowly reddened.

"Here," Soraru said as he opened the door and gave a long shirt and a bottom (pajamas).

"Th-thank you, Soraru-san," Mafu said as he took the pair and wore it inside the bathroom. I-it's... HUGE! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M WEARING HIS CLOTHES!

Mafu left the bathroom and saw Soraru in the living room. "Oh, Mafumafu," he said. "I'll be going to school. Everything's prepared just for you. Don't leave until I come back, okay?"

"Y-yes," Mafu replied quietly. "W-wait... today is... Tuesday?!"

"Yeah..." Soraru replied. "And you're not going to school."

"Huh?!"

"Take good care of yourself," Soraru said. "I'll be back quickly, so, make yourself at home."

Mafu stood stiff as Soraru left. I'M ALONE!, Mafu quickly thought, making him shiver. I... I'm scared... Soraru-san left me alone... I'm s-scared...

Mafu walked slowly to Soraru's room and saw it all fixed and neat. Not even a single trash was around. "I-it's... neat," Mafu mumbled.

"Make yourself at home," Mafu remembered.

He went to the kitchen and made himself tea. He also cooked himself some ramen as he watched Gochiusa. He tried to feel comfortable and strong inside Soraru's house, and apparently, he could manage himself.

In the other hand, in Soraru's class, they were all wondering what happened to Mafu. As everyone's voices got clearer in Soraru's head, he heard Amatsuki and un:c's conversation.

"Where's Mafu-kun?" Amatsuki asked.

"I... I don't know," un:c replied. "Weren't you at his house yesterday?"

"I was but..."

"But?"

"When he arrived, he immediately left."

"Where to?"

"Soraru-san's house."

"S-Soraru-san? Wh-what... wh-why?"

"He said he needed to return his scarf."

"So, they went home together?"

"Yes."

"Did he go home after that?"

"N-no..." Amatsuki replied as he looked up. "I'm not even sure if he was even able to arrive at-"

"Soraru!" un:c called.

Soraru flinched as he had a feeling that they'll question him about Mafu. "What?" he turned.

"Where's-"

"Is Mafu-kun at your place?" Amatsuki interrupted un:c. "Is he okay?!"

"Yeah, he's at my house," Soraru replied. "He's... alright."

"Phew," un:c sighed.

"Why'd you allow him to leave when he's sick?" Soraru asked.

He's concerned about Mafu-kun... the plan will go well, Amatsuki thought as he omitted, "e-eh?"

Soraru gave them a dark glare as he thought about Mafu's reason.

"N-never mind," Soraru mumbled.

"But how is he?" un:c asked. "He's a bit troublesome, am I right?"

Soraru tried to laugh as if it's forced, but he couldn't help say, "w-well, yeah... I... I noticed it..."

I wonder what's he doing now... hmm, Soraru thought.