I Told You So

"Hatsinnnnnggggg." Sounded from the bed for the thirty-seventh time since their return from the photoshoot.

"Bless you." Came for the thirty-seventh time this time from the door.

"Thanks." She murmured as she grabbed another tissue from the box and blew her nose.

"Hindi naman sa nagmamayabang ano, " Maine snorted at his words as he carry the big tray with her dinner to the bed, " pero parang natatandaan ko na sinabi ko sa'yo na hindi magandang idea na suotin ang ganuong klase ng damit lalo na't fully air conditioned ang lugar na yun at umuulan pa." 

"Tisoy, alam mo yan ang kailangan ko ngayon. Ang sermon mo. Gagaling ako nyan, kala mo."

"Sige pero sabayan mo pa ng chicken noodle soup, okay." He took of the lid with a flourish and the air was instantly filled with the enticing aroma.

She perked up a little and propped herself on the pillow while he put the bowl on a tray and put it in her lap.

He smirked as she sneezed again. He offered her the spoon but she didn't take it since she was too preoccupied with her running nose.

"Gusto mo subuan kita?"

She glared at him but then her expression softened and she nodded. He hid his surprise fast as he set down on the bed next to her. He scooped a spoon-full carefully and she opened her mouth in exaggerated anticipation.

"Is it good?" he asked as she swallowed.

"Great." She beamed and opened her mouth for the next one. They didn't speak again until the bowl was emptied.

"Do you feel better?"

"Yeah, it was great."

"The soup is a Faulkerson family recipe that's why it was great. It is also good for the cold."

She raised an eyebrow as he put the bowl and the tray back on the kitchen and poured her a cup of tea. She finished her tea and buried herself deeper into the blanket and she sneezed again.

"Ang sakit na sa ulo nito ahhh. Nakakainis na"

"Serves you right. Next time kasi you will think twice before wearing such a tiny dress when it's raining hard outside."

"Don't say you didn't like the dress. Nakita kita tinitingnan mo legs ko."

"Uyy, Nicomaine ha, mas importante sa akin ang kalusugan mo kesa pagnasaan yang legs mo."

"Sigurado ka?" She said but is trying hard not to laugh.

"Oo naman noh, wag mo kasing ibalandra. Nadidistract ako."

"Eh di, umamin ka rin na tinitingnan mo!" This time she really laugh out loud.

He heard it but decided to ignore her comment. 

"Ano, are you OK? May kailangan ka pa?"

"Could you sing to me?" her request makes him smile and asked.

"Any special requests?"

"Something yours."

He made himself more comfortable and started to hum his lullaby not taking his eyes off of her. When he was sure she was asleep he stood up to leave.

"Wag kang umalis." Came from the bundle of blankets she buried herself into. "Please."

"Napaka-demanding mong pasyente, ha." He scowled as he made his way to the other side of the king-sized bed.

"But you love me anyway." And he did. It wasn't the smartest thing he has ever done but when has the heart ever listened to reason. "Love you too." She breathed out and a few seconds later her breath evened out.

"Alam ko." He whispered and then went to bathroom before stripping down to his underwear and crawling under the sheets. He settled down facing her and she turned and scooted closer to him as if in search for something though there was still some space between them.

That's why her relaxed doll-like face was the last thing he saw before closing his own eyes and letting sleep claim him. He only hoped she would be better tomorrow. Because he liked where he was right now and it is too much for his own sanity.

(A/N: Pagpasensyahan na po ang mga grammatical errors. Thanks :D )