Getaway -- The Maine Event

(A/N: This story will have 3 more parts pa, na-inspire lang talaga ako sa mga kaganapan nung nagdaang weekend. Some situations were somewhat altered dahil yun ang gusto ko, hahahah.

Pasensya po sa mga errors ko, hindi po ito professionally edited. Salamat po sa lahat ng nagbabasa. Your votes are highly appreciated too.)

Maine's birthday celebration was a blast, she didn't expect every surprise that was thrown for her and she was beyond grateful

Maine's birthday celebration was a blast, she didn't expect every surprise that was thrown for her and she was beyond grateful. The pouring of greetings in social media overwhelmed her too, she didn't know what to say. Her birth month started in a festive mood but her mood is unlikely the opposite.

How can she not? 4 days na silang may tampuhan ni RJ. She's been giving him a silent treatment since Tuesday and he didn't even make a move para kausapin siya at tanungin kung ano ang ipinagpuputok ng butse niya.

Last Thursday, during her actual birthday. He surprised her in the barangay with a full-force dance number at mga pabulaklaks. Still, even in national TV, she didn't budge, tamporurut pa rin siya. He even make it worse when he declined to attend her birthday dinner later that night because of his prior commitments.

May mga commitment siya, Meng, kailangan mong intindihin yun, she thought. Pero may commitment din siya sa akin, as his girlfriend, di ba dapat ako ang mas priority? It's my birthday, for pete's sake.

His work and misplaced excuses put her in a livid state until Saturday, she haven't heard from him since she arrived in Broadway. The Eat Bulaga management enthusiastically prepared a birthday celebration for her in the studio and like always she's thankful.

The 3-hour program was dedicated entirely for her that Saturday and what surprised her more was that her last production number after she played the drums, is a dance number she share with her boyfriend. Ang gwapo niya, OMG! She can't help but feel giddy of his presence and seriously speaking, nilipad ata ng hanging habagat ang lahat ng tampo niya knowing he's there, dancing with her.

Gifts after gifts, he made her celebration one that she won't ever forget lalo na yung last gift. Nakaka-curious, ano kayang laman nito? She decided to open it when she's ready as he said, as for now, itatago muna niya.

"Mongs, uwi na tayo. Tapos, mag-fast packing ka kasi punta tayo Boracay," Direk Pat told her.

"Okay, fast-packing, Boracay.....what BORACAY!" she exclaimed. Shocked evident in her face.

"Yup, approved na ng management, alam na rin ng parents mo. Ready na ang lahat, ikaw na lang ang hindi pa," she laughingly said.

"Ahhhhhhhh, talaga Ate Pat, sure ka? Funny ako ngayon, wag kang ano..." she squealed in delight.

"Oo nga, all expenses paid. May nag-sponsor and 2 days leave ka from work. Alis tayo mamayang 5 pm and balik tayo ng Tuesday morning, okay ba?" she said, giving her a 2 thumbs up.

She gave Direk Pat a very big hug and a very big smile as a sign of her excitement for the upcoming trip.

"Teka, I'll tell RJ,...." she immediately look for the man who made her Saturday worth to remember. Alam niyo na, the gifts.

"Si Alden? Umalis na, may SPS rehearsals yun tapos mayang 7pm may mall show daw sabi ni Ten kaya nagmamadali. Di mo ba alam?" Direk Pat casually ask her.

"Ahh, ganun ba? Di naman nagpa-alam sa akin, ni text wala. Akala ko nasa sulok-sulok lang,"

"Sus, palagi namang busy yang syota mo, di ka pa nasanay. Itext mo nalang para alam niya kung saan ka pupunta."

She breathe a heavy sigh. She knows and understands that his job is a responsibility and that he has to take it seriously, kasi ganun din naman siya pero kasi hindi man lang nagpaalam sa akin na aalis na siya? Her frustration for him slowly creeping in, nawala na nga kanina ang tampo ko, bumabalik na naman ngayon.

A thousand wayward thoughts came pouring in but she forcefully shake it off before it affects her. Suddenly, Direk Pat's voice stir her from her reverie.

"Sige na Meng, galaw-galaw na. Baka malate tayo sa flight, mahirap na."

Hearing the word flight, Maine got up excitedly. The feel of sea breeze and sand awakes her and lift her spirits. She won't let Richards' absence dampen her mood. He gave her enough, the gifts, the effort, the time---kahit nagkukulang minsan, tama na sa kanya yun.

But, she still wish he can be with her in Boracay. She wished........