What Hurts the Most

(A/N: Team Replay ako and I don't know how to make of the episode today. I was holding my breath when Lola Nidora asked the question again at mas kinakabahan pa siguro ako kay Meng sa kung ano ang isasagot niya and like all of you I was shocked when she walked out. Like...???????. 

Ano nangyari Meng??? Pero, awwww :( Umiiyak siya. Mixed emotions na naman ang episode today pero sana sa Saturday talaga maganap ang #RoadTrip na pinaplano ni Tisoy, :) Can't wait! 

This fic is a short one and the idea came when I was browsing through my playlist and the song above played on. You can hear the song before reading if you like. Medyo mabigat siya sa dibdib kaya nga maikli lang. Enjoy!

I'm also open for your comments and suggestions, so feel free to post :) )

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Ano na apo? Anong sagot mo?" I heard Kuya Wally said in his Lola Nidora voice. All eyes and ears are on us now. Everyone is waiting.....anticipating.......looking at her and him. She's thinking, he knows but as the seconds pass by he felt an overwhelming feeling of uneasiness. He felt like everything is not going to be alright. He smiled at her, an understanding look dawned on his face and without thinking he hugged her. 

"Its okay. You don't need to this if it's hurting you." He whispered, reassuring her. She hugged him back, tighter but he was taken aback when Meng with tears on her eyes unexpectedly walked away from him, from the fans and from everyone.

She walked mindlessly through the crowd, didn't pay attention to the cameramen, didn't notice the stunned and surprised look of the audience, she shut out the calls of Ms. Jenny and even Bossing, Joey and Allan K, and to top it all she didn't even bother responding to Alden's voice who is now in a hurry to follow her wherever she will go.

This is "what hurts the most" Alden thought, she's so close yet so far away. One moment I can read her then throw something that will caught her off-guard and she will shy away to her own world. Locking it up so that no one can enter. It hurts not being able to understand the one you love. I'm trying to reach for her but it seems that my reaching is not yet good enough. But still he's reaching.....he's trying...he's learning. 

Her feet led her to Alden's "lungga" and in there she breath her anxiety away......breath in.......breath out. She is supposed to be thinking but her mind is not functioning. It keeps replaying that overdue question from last Saturday's episode, "Handa ka na bang umibig?"

Handa na ba siya? She's portraying Divinas' character, they are asking about Divina's decision not Maine's but there is something in the way it was asked. Its as if it wasn't meant for Divina but for her and the way Alden stares at her give her that chills that made her numb and she was scared, again. 

This is "what hurts the most" , Maine thought, she's not afraid to cry every once in a while but crying because of a broken heart horrified her. "Am I ready for this?" There's a lot of things she wants to say to him but being the girl that she was and being the boy that he was, it wasn't easy. It will never be easy.

"Meng" she heard him. I faced him still trying to stop the tears from falling but the next thing she knew,  she was gently held  by his strong arms engulfing her in a big hug. We stayed like that until we hear the buzz that signals the end of Kalyeserye episode. 

Neither one of them break the silence.

And that's what hurts the most. 

To have comfort in silence.

To enjoy every unofficial hugs.

Being that close

But still, there are words left unspoken.

...

...

...

...

...

...

At the right time Richard, you will hear all the words that I never said directly to you but know that I saved it in my heart.