Snow

(A/N: I've never been to New York but I think to experience White Christmas and to see snow will be a dream come true, right? Ohh, How I wish :) and please bear with my grammar. Thanks.)

She was supposed to be resting, a 12-hour flight from the Philippines to New York means a tired body and mind that needed much rest but the stillness and the quietness of their hotel room surrounded her, and the warmth of the fire warmed her to the very core, there was only one thing she could do: enjoy it. Richard run some errands for their 2 week stay in the big city that she was left alone thinking of things and it wasn't every day that she got some alone time for herself. She had her phone and some books scattered on the sofa and some city pamphlets to see for their vacation. She had gotten so caught up in her deep thoughts that she hadn't even notice a certain Richard walking in. She didn't know how long he had been standing there, trying to get her attention, but it finally worked, and her head shot up to meet his brightly lit be dimpled face.

"Hi, what is it RJ?" she asked him, because all he had done so far was just look down at her, a playful grin spreading across his handsome face.

"I want you to come with me," he said, holding out a hand to her.

Her eyes narrowed. "Ang sarap ng pagkakahilata ko dito, di-disturbuhin mo'ko, ano ba yun?" She was mostly afraid of finding out what that playful grin meant. He shook his head eagerly though, still holding out an insisting hand.

"Kanina ka pa nakahiga dyan Maine, maawa ka sa sofa at nagmumuni-muni ka lang naman. Besides, we're here in New York. Ang dami nating dapat gawin." He said excitedly. She only shrugged. "Kararating lang natin ohh, pwede magpahinga, Tisoy?" and she sighed, knowing that she would never win with Richard Faulkerson, Jr.

True, this is their most anticipated vacation for a long time. Every year they always plan to go abroad to unwind but because of their schedule always catching up with them, their plan vacation remains a plan. It's just recently that she and RJ clear out their December schedules and move it to January to pursue their New York vacation. They were only too happy to have each other spending Christmas and New Year this year.

She let him pull her up, but not before RJ grabbed her winter jacket, mittens and scarf.

"Magugustuhan mo'to," he told her. So she knew he wanted to take her outside.

With a careful step beside RJ, Maine wondered why he would want to take her outside, when she was perfectly satisfied with staying indoors, in front of a warm fire, and the seclusion of their hotel room. Together they made their way downstairs, RJ's steps are light, and she feared that he would bounce to the high ceilings. They approach the hotel entrance door, and RJ pushed open the great hotel doors to a sight that made Maine's face split into a huge smile.

Gasping at the sight in front of her, Maine's heart gave an excited flutter. Snow always did this to her. Christmas just wasn't Christmas without snow. And sure enough the entire New York streets and roofs of the nearby houses and establishments were covered in thick layers of pure white snow.

"Ang ganda," she sighed, as they stepped further out onto the streets.

"Kanina ka pa nakatambay sa kwarto natin, alam ko wala kang ideya na nag-snow na. At alam ko rin kung gaano mo kagustong makita yan," RJ said. Looking through the corner of his eye he could see just how much she loved snow. She looked like a 10-year-old child again, instead of the 24-year-old young woman she now was. He grinned at her expression.

"It's wonderful, Richard. Ang tagal na rin ng huli kong ma-experience ang white Christmas," she said tearfully. Indeed, snow meant this much to her. He grabbed onto her hand and led her to the middle of the Central Park. She looked at him suddenly, feeling giddier than she had ever felt.

"Tisoy, thank you, ha" she said softly, yet again telling off the reasons why he was so amazing, and why she would always be grateful to be cared and loved by him. As she thought of this she was suddenly twirling. He was twirling her around and she finally realized that this is the freedom that she's been longing for 4 years. She just wanted to be innocent and free with Richard. He was, after all, her best friend and the love of her life. She let her head fall back slightly, watching the trees whirl by, which is also covered in snow. She giggled. Light and free was what she felt. Never had she felt so lighthearted, so overjoyed and so...in love.

She realized with a sudden jolt that they had stopped spinning, and that RJ was staring down at her, the same grin playing on his lips, his bright eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Ano'ng iniisip mo?" he asked.

"Wala naman, masaya lang. Masayang-masaya," she said. His eyes narrowed, clearly not buying her reasoning.

"Eh bakit parang ang lalim ng iniisip mo? Come on, Maine, talk to me," he said gently.

She grinned. "Iniisip ko lang yung naging journey nating dalawa. Paano tayo nakarating dito."

His eyes widened and smirked, "Ehh di syempre, sumakay ng eroplano. Pano pa ba?" comes his witty reply that earned him a slight punch.

"Ehhh, ayan ka na naman, seryoso ang tao. Pero salamat talaga Tisoy ha. For this, for everything and for making me happy."

"You can't be serious," he said, his tone change from funny to serious. "You're the one who's making me happy at ako dapat ang nagpapasalamat sa'yo. Thank you Maine, sa pagdating sa buhay ko at sa lahat-lahat ng bagay na meron ako ngayon na ikaw ang dahilan at magiging dahilan. I'm not saying it often but alam mo naman kung gaano kita kamahal at seryoso ako sa'yo. Seryosong-seryoso."

"I've never been more serious too, RJ. ," she told him.

The effect of their confessions was too strong that she wanted to cry but instead she smiled her sweetest smile and wrapped her slender arms around him, her head fitting comfortably where his shoulder and neck met. She felt his own strong and powerful arms encircle her, pulling her closer, just like she wanted him to. They stood like that for what seemed forever. She just wanted to savor the warmth he's providing and to be there, with him, for as long as she wants to.

"Kailangan na siguro nating bumalik, kumakapal na ang snow," he finally said, not before giving her a peck on the lips.

"Hot chocolate?" she asked brightly, and held fast to his hand as he leads the way, with promises of a warm fire and a warm drink.