September

(A/N: This fic is inspired by the song "Wake me up when September Ends" by Green Day and also I don't know what day, month and year Alden Richard's mother died. Gawa-gawa ko lng po ang date. And again, sorry for the errors.)

September. The month he dreaded the most. The month he wanted to escape and go to a place where no one can disturb him. The month he wished did not exist. The month that will forever inflict so much pain and sadness in him. The month he prayed to God to be her Mother's saving grace. But it did not, September brings back memories that was now etched even in the most secluded and tiniest area of his mind and heart. The memory keeps resurfacing over and over again, year after year and maybe every waking moment of his life. Much more in every day of September.

September 22, 2016

He didn't paid attention on what he is wearing, much more of his appearance that day. All he knows is that he drove to the nearest flower shop in his pajamas at 5 in the morning and drove again to the place where his mom called her home now. His Mom. It's been 8 years but everything that happened that day remains as fresh, as if it just happened yesterday or even today.

"Anong meron sa atin ngayon Mom?" he asked kneeling in front of the marbled niche, staring intently at the name embedded on it. Rosario R. Faulkerson.

Rose. His rose, his wilted rose, his first love and first heart break but she is and still be the most important woman of his life. She is always his refuge but over the years she became a distant comfort, once in a while her recollection can put a smile to his face yet sometimes a frown and most of the times a heart wrecking sobs.

Sobs. He didn't noticed the tears that making its way on his face until he heard himself whimpering. A painful cry that he bottled up for the last 365 days because he lost her again that year. An angry shout echoed through that graveyard that even the quiet and done with will hear.

"I hate you. I hate you! You're a liar. Ang daya-daya mo........... ang daya mo!" he paused but silently weeping. "Kaya ko namang intindihin Ma, ehhh. Sana, sana sinabi mo na hindi mo na kaya, na stop na kasi nahihirapan ka na, na gusto mo nang magpahinga. Maiintindihan ko naman. Maiintindihan ko, Ma, maiintindihan ko. But you never trusted me! Hanggang sa huli pinanindigan mo na matapang ka, na mahal mo kami, pero bullshit Ma. You never said goodbye............I wanted to say goodbye. I wanted to tell you personally that it's okay to go on, it's okay to let go and that it's okay for you to leave kasi we love you too as much as you love us. We love you at hanggang ngayon ang sakit-sakit pa rin".

Pain. He was in pain, a pain that even he can't bear. He's emotionally exhausted too. His body felt numb from all the shouting and crying that he did and that he didn't notice the young woman standing behind his back only inches away from him. She make her presence known by touching his shoulder gently and because of the sudden contact, he lift his eyes to see who it is only to meet her warm and kind eyes looking down at him. She sit beside him, taking in the solitude of the place and the little breaths he's making. She offered a silent prayer for his mom and looked at him.

"She knows RJ, she knows that you wanted to at least say goodbye to her that time pero baka kasi ginawa niya yun hindi para sa'yo kundi para sa sarili niya." He looked at her and narrowed his eyes not understanding what she meant. She smiled, "She can't say goodbye. She didn't want to say goodbye. She wanted to stay, ayaw niya kayong iwan pero hindi niya alam siguro kung pano." She said tenderly. With this she kissed his cheek, wipe his tears and stand up.

"Hintayin kita sa kotse mo." She said and slowly walk to where his car was parked. But before she leaves him alone, she glance at his direction and silently plead the angels above to give him an unwavering faith in the love of his mother.

Mother. His mother. The woman who endured everything for her family especially for her Tisoy. The woman who dreamed the dreams his fulfilling now. The woman who loved him unconditionally. And the woman who will be his most important. His number one.

With that he gladly stood up and said "Sorry Ma and thank you, for everything. Next year ulit ha. Basta, just be with me, always. I love you po. Alis na po ako baka mainip na yung mamanugangin niyo, World War 3 na naman to". He jokingly said, a relaxed smile shown in his face. He gave her 3 flying kisses before walking towards the woman who, next to his mom is his most important too.

September. The month he's dreading but also the month he looks forward too. Why? Because in this month he can finally say goodbye.