It's Up To You and Me

(A/N: Me and my imagination thinks otherwise of the whole Subic escapade and If I were to decide, this is what I wanted to happen last Sunday. And to all the bashers, Bash pa more! LOL.

It's a short fic, btw.)

_____________________________________________________________

Maine sat on the dock with Alden, their legs dangling just enough to skim the water. Alden's brown eyes had a faraway expression in them, as if he saw through the horizon.

"What's wrong?" Maine took his hand gently.

He shook his head slowly, coming out of his daze, then turned to look at her. Her concerned eyes met his. "Nothing," he assured her.

"Alden," Maine frowned. "Don't lie to me. If something's wrong, tell me. We're supposed to be-"

"I'm serious, everything's fine," Alden assured her. "Better than fine, actually."

Maine shrugged. She trusted Alden, no, she trusted Richard. If he was lying, she would have seen straight through him, at least she hoped.

"I don't know, you've just been acting different since we've got here, ang saya-saya mo pa kanina sa birthday ni Mama Ten," she said. "I thought you're happy?"

Alden nodded his head vigorously. "I'm happy, I do - gods, I'm too much happy. I have everything that a man could ask for, family, career, good friends and ..........you. It's insane just thinking about it. It just makes me wish things were always like this," he explained wistfully.

Alden's eyebrows knitted as if he was remembering something terrible, and suddenly realization came to Maine. He waited for this to happen, what he have right now is the product of his 5 year sacrifices. He experienced glitches along the way, what with his mom's passing and all the chaos show business imparted on him, but he stood firm and endured everything.

As she looked at him another realization dawned on her, Alden also waited for her, prayed for a love that he deserved and that he could hold on to, forever. Maine never fully understood just how wonderful her relationship with Alden could be but now, seeing him there and being with her, she's grateful.

Maine squeezed his hand. "I love you, Tisoy," she said tenderly. "And thank you for the best Valentine's day ever." She said, humorously

"Oh, It's okay," Alden said, smiling. "Sometimes I have to give in to my girlfriend's insistent demands or else......."

"Or else, what?" Maine asked raising her eyebrows upward

"Or else...she will be a no hug and no kiss zone for a week, am I right?"

"Oh, I'm actually thinking it will be a no hug and no kiss zone for a year." She teasingly said.

"Grabe siya sa akin o!" He said cheerfully and hugged her.

"We will always be like this, promise, kahit ano pa ang mangyari." Maine said with certainty.

"It will always be up to us, yeah?"

Maine kissed her boyfriend's cheek. "Yeah, It's up to you and me."