Chapter 17

I woke up early morning, like all days since I got here. Another bad thing about being here was that they extended school hours two more hours, now our classes were a few minutes longer. We all know that they just did it to keep an eye on us more time, to make us wake up early, and not be ghosting around at night. I had figured out a few stuff with my time here, I have gotten some new information, but nothing that solved my puzzles, only more questions. Before going to class, when Kennedy and I were still getting ready, Ms. Salvishkov called us. We went straight to her office and there were: Miguel, Bryan, Edward, Nataly, another close friend named Ivan, and Lily. After Kennedy and I entered, the door was shut and we were all left alone with our principle.

"Good morning, you might all wonder why you are here?" She began.

"Good morning, Ms. Salvishkov," we all said at a unison.

"As you may know by now, yesterday someone tried to break out of the academy," she said and we all nodded. "Well, I'm not happy to say that you eight were our first suspects, for that reason we made an immediate check to your dorms, and then the rest of the students when we saw you were in your respective rooms,"she said fiercely.

"But why ma'am?" I said confused.

"Well, you have been the ones to go out in the woods, we don't know what you have in mind or why you go there? But the fact of you being that far from the building was suspicious enough," she said with such confidence.

"But it wasn't us," said Ivan. He as Nataly were close friends of ours, but let's face it, they weren't as close as Bryan, Miguel, Kennedy and I. The thing was that as us, they thought something mysterious was going on, too.

Nataly, skinny indefensible Nataly Nobilmil , was as tall as me, but slimmer, long curly black hair, and white skin; also greenish eyes. On the other side, Ivan who is her cousin, has similar resemble. The greenish eyes runs in their family, but Ivan doesn't have curly hair, his is just black straight. Ivan's father, who's Nataly's father's brother, is a representative of his family at Congress. Unfortunately, just like me, he had bad luck and never figured anything out.

Ms. Salvishkov just watched us skeptically, trying to make us talk by torturing us with silence. A while passed when she gave up, seeing we weren't going to say a word that could compromise us.

"We know it wasn't you, any of you," she said through her teeth. "But you should know that by meeting out in the woods, you were the first suspects in our list. I don't know what you kids do, and I have a feeling it's not something good. So, you should stop doing it, for everybody's safety," The way she said everything gave me chills, a cold and warm feeling. Very familiar feeling...

....Could she be controlling our minds?

I suddenly noticed she was looking straight into my eyes, trying to get her message to me. Then she started to look into everyone's eye too. I interrupted her...

"What are we protecting ourselves from?" I snapped harshly to get her attention.

"From everything Ms. Ozera. Dark wizards, humans, even from our own kind," she said.

"Is there something going on? Something bad in specific? Something we might not know...yet?" Said Bryan. He quickly glanced at me and half smiled. He knew what I was thinking, and he definitely knew what she was thinking.

Ms. Salvishkov stayed silence again, choosing her words carefully. "What makes you think that Mr. Loial?" She finally said.

"Castle, my first last name is Castle, not Loial," he said trying to look around to not make eye contact with her. I knew what he was doing.