Grade 8

*skipping school*

As I was driving home from my extremely long day of school, I turned the radio on and my favorite song by my favorite artist was playing. Grade 8 by Ed Sheeran. I began humming to the tune as his lovely British voice filled my speakers.

"My mind is a warrior,

My heart is a foreigner,

My eyes are the colour of red like a sunset,

I'll never keep it bottled up and

Left to the hands of the coroner,

Be a true heart not a follower,

We're not done yet."

"And I see it in your movements tonight,

If we should ever do this right,

I'm never gonna let you down,

Oh I'll never let you down,

Now keep it on the down low

And I'll keep you around so I'll know

That I'll never let you down,

I'll never let you down."

"You're strumming on my heart strings like you were a grade 8 but I've never felt this way,

I'll pick your feet up off of the ground and never ever let you down,

You're strumming on my heart strings like you were a grade 8 but I've never felt this way,

I'll pick your feet up off of the ground and never ever let you down,"

"Now, my eyes are a river filler,

This drink is a liver killer,

My chest is a pillow for your weary head to lay to rest again,

Your body is my ballpoint pen

And your mind is my new best friend,

Your eyes are the mirror to take me to the edge again,"

"Now I see it in your movements tonight,

If we should ever do this right,

I'm never gonna let you down,

Oh I'll never let you down,

We'll keep it on the down low

And I'll keep you around so I'll know

That I'll never let you down,

I'll never let you down,"

"You're strumming on my heart strings like you were a grade 8 but I've never felt this way,

I'll pick your feet up off of the ground and never ever let you down,

You're strumming on my heart strings like you were a grade 8 but I've never felt this way,

I'll pick your feet up off of the ground and never ever let you down,"

"Hold my heart to stop me bleeding now, now, now, and I'll never let you down"

I love Ed Sheeran so much, no matter how I am feeling, his voice always lifts my spirits.

"Cause You're strumming on my heart strings like you were a grade 8 but I've never felt this way,

I'll pick your feet up off of the ground and never ever let you down,

You're strumming on my heart strings like you were a grade 8 but I've never felt this way,

I'll pick your feet up off of the ground and never ever let you down"

The song ended as I pulled into my drive.

I walked up the stairs and into my house, and did my daily routine. School completely killed me today, it was so overwhelming, I didn't do anything productive at all.

I only had school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so I decided my homework could wait. I threw my backpack on the ground and slumped onto the couch. I looked at my watch and remembered I had tennis practice in a couple hours.

This is just wonderful. I'm probably going to run into more bitches talking about me. I was now the high light of the school. Only a few knew, like Brittany and that slut Meredith but some people knew something suspicious was at hand.

__________________________________

The sun is scorching outside, and sweat is pouring down my face. I can feel it slowly start at my brow and run down the side of my face. I'm in a match with a girl named Kiara. She's about 5'5, short, dark skinned, and plump, but don't let her looks fool you! She can outrun you in a heartbeat.

"40, 30, first." I say as I threw the fluorescent colored ball into the air, and quickly hit it as gravity forced it down.

I made it into the service box, where it's suppose to be, and she returned it back, barely making it over the net. I ran as quickly as I could, in an attempt to reach it, which I knew wasnt going to happen, but I pitifully tried anyway. Everything seemed slow motion as I practically dove for the ball. I stuck my arm out hoping to reach the ball, but I didnt, and instead tripped over my feet, falling to the ground.

I felt a stab of pain on my ankle. I was lying in the ground not moving, and I didn't see anyone trying to approach me either. "Help" I cried out in pain. I saw Kiara smirk as she made her way towards me, what a bitch, Did she really get pleasure from my pain? Or had she been planning it?

"Glad you finally got what you deserve" she laughed only loud enough for me to hear.

"Mmffh" I groaned as I tried to hold back tears. The pain was unbearable and no one is even helping me, because they don't care.

"Coach!' I yelled out but didnt see him anywhere, what the fuck?! I struggled to get up from my place, and hobbled out the gates of the Tennis courts. Then I saw coach come out of the bathroom.

"I'm leaving" my voice came out harsher than I was expecting.

"Why? Are you okay? Your ankle seems to be swelling." he said, concerned.

"I'm.Fine." I managed to say through gritted teeth, and hobbled off towards my car.

As I was walking away I heard coach asking the girls about what happened to me. I wanted to hear what lies they would come up with about me after I left, but decided against it and just drove off.