Chapter 25

Ahsoka guided the speeder gracefully through the airlines of Mandalore and tried to get out of the war engaged city as quickly as she could. She noticed that there was a Separatist outpost to one corner of the city and saw a swarm of droids all huddled together surrounding 2 clones. "REX, CODY!" She yelled as she jumped off her speeder using the force to escalate her so that she could land on the ground instead of falling into the bottomless pit of the city. She landed with a slight thud and realised that she had no weapon.

Pulling Ahsoka's lightsaber to him, Anakin then clipped it to his belt and jumped out of the palace towards the ground and where Dooku was. When he landed he did a forward roll so that he could gain more balance instead of swaying from side to side. He looked at the Count and all his rage built up inside of him and he just couldn't keep it in anymore. Obi Wan had joined him and could sense the conflict in Anakin's mind and tried to calm him down but the younger Jedi didn't want to hear it, he charged at Dooku using both lightsabers that were attached to him only taking a moment to stare at the ice white blade of Ahsoka's weapon. They both exchanged attacks and blocks, each of them trying to outdo each other in hope of striking the killing blow. As young as he was and unexperienced compared to Dooku, Anakin's power over the force plus his built up anger became no match for the Sith and knocking his lightsaber out of his hand, Anakin put a lightsaber to each side of the former Jedi's neck and was about to claim victory with a kill only to be force pushed by Obi Wan.

Ahsoka bolted to cover as quickly as her legs would allow and tried to come up with a plan, she tried to peer around a corner only to be meet with blaster fire and quickly hid once again. She got in tune with the force and imagining it in her head, she was able to pull over 2 droids and watched as they crumbled to the ground, she grabbed their blasters and jumped up on the cargo box she was hiding behind and started firing in every direction. She jumped from box to box trying to avoid every laser blast coming her way and was shocked to see that Rex and Cody had taken cover behind the one she was standing on. She jumped down and dropped the uncivilised weapons and before either of the clones could say anything she wrapped them in a tight hug and then released them with a massive grin on her face. Both Rex and Cody took off their helmets and just smiled at her but that all stopped after blaster bolts just missed them. "We've got explosives to blow this base up but we won't be able to with them on our back" Rex cried over the sound of incoming fire, "leave that to me, contact me once you've placed them and we'll get out of here" Ahsoka said picking up the guns and going back to what she was doing before.

Obi Wan was locked in combat with Dooku when Anakin finally got up and back into the fight, "what was that for!?" Anakin asked sharply while fending off their attacker, "I don't think this is the right place to discuss this" Obi Wan yelled as they both force pushed Dooku to the edge of the platform. "You've all been a formidable opponent but I must leave you here, this war isn't going to win itself" the Count said as he jumped down onto his ship and the 2 Jedi watched him sail away. "I had him!" Anakin tuned to Obi Wan, "no you were about to kill him, Anakin remember the Jedi way" the older Jedi said trying to clam Anakin down. "Come on we have a battle to win"

Ahsoka was able to fight off the droids for a while and she was doing a good job Hank's to the force to help with her aim, but they just kept coming. Come one Rex!. As if perfectly timed, her communicator started buzzing alerting her that the bombs had been placed. She saw her 2 friends dash out of the building blasting any droids that stood in their way. Ahsoka leapt down from her position and once they were far enough, she gave the order and the Separatist base flew up in sparks with droid pieces flying everywhere and the sound of constant metal exploding filled the area. All 3 of them were thrilled that they had done it only to see that the cannons had survived somehow, "they must have been ray shielded" Ahsoka gasped, "and we're out of chargers" Rex added. It was only a couple of seconds later that Cody pointed out the people on the sky. They wore blue armour with blue helmets and as they flew by Ahsoka saw that large haired girl from Ilum, she was Bo Katan. Bo's group of Night Owls turned off their jet packs and landed on the ground rolling droid poppers into the canons making them explode just like the base they had come from. Ahsoka never got a chance to talk to her as Bo flew away.

1 More chapter and the epilogue after this and then we are done. Both will be uploaded by tonight. I'm so excited to share with you what happens next, I'm off to see The Force Awakens again so that's what I'm doing today but I will have the rest of the book finished by tonight.