Chapter 26 - Happily Ever After

Months Later

Laura's P.O.V.

It's so good to be back in Cali! R5's tour just finished a few weeks ago and everything has been better. Ross and I are going strong and I couldn't be happier with him. The Maia situation has been sort out the time she realized that the things she has been doing was immature. We've gotten close the past week, actually. And we can also say that her and Brad has been way too close. But that's another story.

Today's the big day for everyone in senior year! That's right, it's our graduation and I'm so nervous. I'm gonna be the one to say the speech in front of the whole school! Let's just hope I don't mess things up...

"Hey Laur" I feel a warm breath behind my neck and strong arms wrap around my waist. "Hey Rossy" I let out a soft giggle and turn around to face my blonde haired boyfriend. He grins and looks at me up and down. "You ready?" He lends me a hand. I look at myself at the mirror one last time and turn around to nod. I take his hand and he interlocks our fingers as we walk out of my room.

"Wait," He stops on his tracks and I look up at him confused just right in time he crashed his lips on mine. My arms automatically go around his neck and my fingers lock with his baby hair. He wraps his arms around my waist as he pulls me closer. We kiss for awhile but we both know that we needed to pull away at some point. He slowly pulls away, his forehead still touching mine and gives me a small smile. "I love you, Laura" He says with his husky voice. "I love you too, Ross" I give him a quick peck and we walk downstairs to the car.

•••

I look around to see a lot of people. Students, families, teachers, staff. My heart beat starts to quicken until I feel a hand tightly grip around mine. I look to my side to see Ross focused on the stage. "You'll do fine" He softly says and interlocks our fingers. I let out a soft breath and carefully listen to every word that the principal is saying.

"And now, to present her speech for everyone, I give you, Laura Marano!" Everyone cheers and I gulp. I slowly get up, letting go of Ross's hand. He starts clapping as well and smiles as I walk up the stage with my cue cards on my hand. I reach the platform and the clapping goes down. I take a deep breath and start with my speech.

"Motivation. What is motivation? In my dictionary, motivation is the key to success," I look at Ross and he looks at me as well. "Motivation is what brought us, students, here. We all have one goal in life. And there's always something or someone that motivates us to reach it." I take my eyes off of Ross and look at the crowd. "We all worked hard to get here. To get to the place where we are now. We might have went through ups and down and turns, but that motivation for us to get here helped us. And from what I know, everyone who worked hard, just to get here, deserves an award. Now this is my question to you, what is the definition of your motivation?" I end my speech and I hear cheers and the crowd starts to give me a standing ovation. I smile and walk down the stage, back to my seat beside Ross. "Well that wasn't bad" He faces me with a grin. "Guess it wasn't" I giggle as soon as he lifts me off the ground turning around as he gives me a passionate kiss. I smile through it and wrap my arms around his neck.

•••

We just got our diplomas and everyone are now taking photos. Ross is with his family and I'm with mine. The typical, mom is crying tears of joy on how proud she is. Vanessa gives me a tight hug as I do the same. "Congrats sis" She ruffles my hair. I scrunch my nose but thank her anyway. "Marano!" I hear a familiar voice shout and I turn around to see my boyfriend motioning me to come. I see his mom with a camera and I giggle. I look at my family. "I'll be right back" I turn around and make my way to my dorky boyfriend. "Laura! Congratulations!" Stormie smiles and gives me a quick hug. "Thank you" I giggle. "Laura. That speech was an inspiration" Rydel pretends to wipe fake tears from her eyes and I roll me eyes but a smile appears on my face. "Okay now shush shush. Picture time!" Stormie pulls Ross beside me and I giggle. He wraps his arm around my waist as I wrap mine around his. I smile and so does he. We hear a click and I start to pull away but just to be pulled back. I look up at Ross confused. "Wait mom, one more" He smiles and so does she. I shrug and smile at the camera but before I hear the click, my head was turned and I feel a hand cup my cheek and lips crash to mine.

We could say that it has been a bumpy yet fun school year.

--THE END--