Saturday

*Dallon's POV*

Exhaustion is a complete understatement to what I am feeling right now. My arms feel like they are going to fall off from carrying boxes from the trunk of my car and into this god forsaken house. I sank to the cold tile floor after dropping the last box with a crash on the kitchen floor with a bottle of cold beer in my hand. I popped the top and took a swig, blowing up at my long chocolate brown hair. The place looked like a battlefield with boxes overflowing with my clothes and other crap that would take me hours to sift through. I closed my eyes resting my arm on my bent knees and made a list of things I had to do. I should probably start unpacking, I need a place to sleep tonight, my bass. My bass. My eyes flew open and I looked over the room trying to find the light of my life. When I found her i ran over to her immediately putting the strap over my head trying to find my pick. I played a few chords getting lost in the vortex that is music. Then my doorbell rang, and I rolled my eyes running over to the door and yanking it open.

"Breezy, If that is you I swear." I shouted. She threw her arms around my neck and almost knocked me over.

"DALLON, DALLON! Did you see the cute guy across the street?" She said wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

"What? Who?" I said widening my eyes and sticking my head out the door. Breezy was my best friend since almost forever, and the only one who knew my true, inner gayness.

"Look. There." She said placing her fingers on my chin and directing my eyes to a guy who was in fact very cute. From where I was standing I could only see his small frame and thick black hair cut close on both sides of his head. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a gray tank top that hung loosely around his skinny body. I looked back at Breezy, and she just smiled
innocently.

"Nope. You can't be playing matchmaker already." I said shaking a finger in her direction.

"Come on let's go on a walk." She said pushing me out the door.

"Breezy! Breezy. No. Let me-" she finally got me out the door with my bass still in my hands.

"We are going to play 'meet the neighbors'."

"Ugh. I just moved here." I groaned shaking my head at my shoes.

"Look at me." I turned so I was facing her. She lifted her hands and started playing with my brown polka dotted bow tie. "Why do you wear bow ties?"

"I feel much happier wearing a bow tie."

"Ugh. You are so cute when you get derpy." I took a step back from her and put down my bass before heading back into my new house. "Get back out here Dally!" She yelled.

"Calm yourself woman! I am putting my child down!" I yelled back. I wandered back out on to the front porch and let out an exasperated sigh.

"That sure sounds like a healthy relationship." A deep voice said from the sidewalk. I looked up and saw the cute guy from across the street. I could've sworn the air got sucked out of...well everywhere and I couldn't breathe. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Think Dallon. Come on. Nope. Nothing.

By: Trixxiee78
{authors note from @prettyodd_panic . So hey guys!! this is, for me, my first book! Not so much for Trixxiee78  haha. Thank you so much for reading and take the time to vote and follow me for more! }