Paper Balls and Curly Boys

"I can't get kicked out of this one again", I mumbled as I was walking into Chemistry on my first day of school at some preppy private school. I don't consider myself that bad, but no matter how hard I try I always end up getting in bad situations. I like to speak my mind and do whatever it takes to get what I want (which apparently my old school didn't agree with), causing me to get expelled. That's why I'm here.

I decided if I really wanted to do well, I just couldn't be myself. So I changed my look to try and match with all the stupid preps at this school and decided it was better to just not talk then to risk saying the wrong thing again.

I sat at a lab table and waited as people begin to file into the classroom. I saw this girl come up and sit next to me. She looked geeky, but she seemed nice. We started talking before class and she said her name was Lauren. I wanted to tell her more, but soon the class started.

As class went on, I noticed a guy start throwing a ball of paper by the teachers desk. I wanted to concentrate so I tried to ignore him. I looked over to see who it was and I saw it was coming from a guy with a bun full of curly, dark brown hair and tan skin. He looked muscular and I could already tell by the way his back looked from my seat that his face was probably hot but I tried to snap myself out of it. These were the kind of guys that would always pick me off my feet and make me feel so loved just for me to end up in big trouble because of him and in the end, he'd get a new girl to destroy a week later. I was not ready to fall in love with anyone now if it meant me having to switch schools again, so I faced the teacher and tried to ignore hot curly boy.